Top 30 Most Expensive Items Sold In Discogs Marketplace For April 2018

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Kiss73, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Dave, gillcup and SinnerSaint like this.
  2. Zensound

Zensound Forum Resident

Wonder what's the deal w/ Queen- News of The World- $1198..wow!?

3. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

It's a limited edition Marvel ... 220 units

4. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Two Led Zeppelins and a Pink Floyd. 30 Most Expensive Purchases.

Because yeah -- those are hard to come by. :faint:

[RICHIDIOT]I don't CARE what it costs, my smart*ss brother-in-law has one, and he's bragging about it all the time, now get ME one of those, or you can kiss your kid's internship goodbye, understand?Now they're called, Led Elephant, and Pink Floyd, I dunno who they are, some kind of rock band, I think I bought tickets at an auction once for them. Just GET ME THOSE VINYLS!!![/RICHIDIOT]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

SoundDoctor likes this.
  6. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

I have the Black Album on CD from Warner Bros. I wonder why the CD got through and the LP did not.

7. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

That would be an interesting article if they gave a brief description for each, explaining the possible reasons. Scarcity? historic? misprint?

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  8. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

If a Warner Bros. made CD, then that would be the reissue (or the first allowed issue) in 1994. The original "Black Album" CD's were manufactured by Sony.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  9. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

The album was recorded as as the followup to Sign O The Times, but Prince pulled it because it was "too dark" and instead put out LoveSexy.

Seven years later, when Prince was trying to get out of his Warners contract, the album received a "limited release" on CD [from November 22, 1994 to January 27, 1995].

It was rereleased on Tidal in 2016.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  10. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

I cannot believe what I am seeing. I have a 1973 Dark Side... Harvest lp in good condition and I bet many here have too. Its in an lp display in my audio room in progress. Going through my old crate of lps and I have the lp of Queen also bought a year or two ago, from a friend from Ireland with those stickers on it, for an almost new lawnmower.
    Im glad but also alittle bewildered and I feel these prices are ridiculous. Going through my collection for a while so take care.
    John M.

11. Joint Attention

Joint Attention Forum Resident

Pleasantly surprised to see Wolf Alice on that list.

12. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

You have to have the exact release that sold for so much for these, not just any copy of the record. For the DSOTM follow the link on that page through to the release page and see if all the labels and details mentioned on that page apply to your copy. Bet they don't. The Queen record would have to be 1 of 200 numbered copies and I'll bet yours isn't.

My question is why if that copy of DSOTM supposedly sold for $1800 in April according to that list the highest sale recorded on the release page is less than $1000.

Strat-Mangler and apesfan like this.
  13. Shrdlu

Shrdlu Forum Resident

Check out some of Kipiku's Blue Note CDs. Ouch! Nice guy, but prices not so nice. The crafty devil buys them when they come out and then sits on them, for decades, sometimes. Some of his CDs will never move, at those prices.

14. Kicker55

Kicker55 Forum Resident

The Art Blakey sale is really going to throw off the average for that one! I have seen top quality copies sell for much less on eBay.

15. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I have sold a jazz LP that I know was the highest sold for that version and it's been a couple of months and Discogs still hasn't updated the page to reflect that. I thought there might be some grace period for them to ensure it wasn't a false sale, but with that amount of time plus the buyer left feedback.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.