"TOP CAT" DVD (Complete Series) - $21.98 at Costco!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JonUrban, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497 Thread Starter

These (along with Johnny Quest and Flintstones Season 2) are marked at $28.98 at the local Costco, however when I went to ring up Top Cat and the Flints, the register took a $7 discount off each one!!! (Damn, should have grabbed the "Johnny"! :D )

Haven't checked them out yet, but the Top Cat set has 3 one sided DVDs with the 4th disc being 2 sided.

Anyone get these? I know there was a lot of activity here when Top Cat was first announced.

2. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Looks like I'll have to find a Costco....:eek: Great price! :edthumbs:

And tomorrow is shopping day, so....

:ed:

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

You guys are funny.

TOP CAT? What's next on their release schedule, the complete SECRET SQUIRREL and MOROCCO MOLE? RUFF AND READY? (Heh, wait a minute, I could get into THAT; Moony Moola, Prof. Gizmo, etc.).

4. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Well, all I can say is, a part of my very young years....and anyway, bought the KIMBA box set several months back, so.....:D

:ed:

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...thanks, already have it!

6. Michael

I've been waiting for this to show up on DVD for years! You no like?
    Top Cat's just the coolest!:)

7. Michael

...don't forget the rebates!...up to $15.00 if you buy 3 DVD sets from the cartoon collections.

8. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Actually Steve, next on the Hanna Barbera box set schedule are "The Perils Of Penelope Pitstop", and "Dastardly & Muttley And Their Flying Machines" in early 2005. :D :righton:

I just got the "Wacky Races" set the other day. They snuck that one out cause I found out it was released in October. Love those 50's and 60's era HB cartoons!! :edthumbs:

9. Steve Hoffman

When I was in grade school (back in the stone age) my little buddy's dad was an editor at HB. I used to watch for his name to go by during the end credits: Dan Finnerty. He actually gave me a bunch of "cells" of Secret Squirrel (which is the only reason I even remember it!)

10. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Very cool! I learned how to mimic character voices watching those cartoons. Love Secret Squirrel. Another of my favorite Mel Blanc voiced characters.

11. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Boy, you should be glad you didn't live next door to a Terrytoons guy - you woulda ended up with Sidney the Sick Elephant, Luno or Space Nut cels... :hurl:

12. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

How bout Rags and Crusader Rabbit? Does anybody remember that one. :edthumbs:

13. RDK

RDK Active Member

Personally I'm holding out for Space Ghost and Frankenstein Jr.!

14. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Hmmmm - the early b&w Alex Anderson/Jay Ward ones, or the later ones in color from Shull Bonsell???

15. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Hmm! I didn't know there were any color ones. I remember this show from the early 60's. For some reason I still remember Rags playing Nero and playing a fiddle and burning down Rome. :laugh:

I haven't seen these since those days, but seem to remember it had a narrator and was somewhat similar to the old Rocky and Bullwinkle stuff, which of course was very cool. It appealed to kids, but had humor that went over our heads at the time and appealed to grownups as well.

16. billh

billh Senior Member

I remember Crusader Rabbit. One of the first cartoons I watched--along with Beaney and Cecil. I still remember Crusader and Rags walking backwards through a door marked "Exit Only" (or something like that) so that nobody would notice they were going the wrong way.

17. Steve Hoffman

Did you know that those Crusader Rabbits' were made in like 1949?

18. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

No, I didn't realize that they were that old. In hindsight I think I may have first seen them in the 50's. I sure did like that show though.

19. JonUrban

"They sometimes have their little spats, even fight like dogs and cats" :D

20. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

Pardon the treadcrap, but since there are a lot of 60's cartoon savvy folks posting here I was hoping you could help me out. There's a 'toon from that era that I'm trying to recall, but have come up empty searching for. I don't recall the studio that it came from, but it was set in the swamp/bayou, and I believe one of the characters was a possum. For any of you that were in the Northeast back then, I believe it was on the show "Rocket Ship 7" out of Buffalo, NY. Anyone remember this?

21. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Deputy Dawg???....

22. JonUrban

"Deputy Dawg" - From Terrytoons. In CT, they showed it on "Ranger Andy"!

http://www.toonopedia.com/dawg.htm

23. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

24. Danny

Danny Senior Member

Top Cat was excellent, I have to try and find someone with a Costco membership.

I'd like to see all the Underdog stuff come out on DVD including "Tennessee Tuxedo", "Commander McBragg" and "Go, Go Gophers". I used to live for that stuff.

How about this one? Does anyone remember Ignats and Krazy Kat?

Attached Files:

25. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I used to get up at some ridiculous hour on Saturdays so I wouldn't miss Col. Bleep, along with his sidekicks Scratch and Squeak.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.