Top Ten Coasters on DSCHD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JohnT, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member Thread Starter

Gulp#@^**(>&%#!

I just took a gut check ride on a few of the baddest coasters around on HD Discovery Theater. Wow, how do people ride those things? Vertical teardrop loops, 200 foot drops, 80 mph, up, down, left, right, twisties, on & on.

They mounted a HD camera in the coaster and took me for a riiiiiiiiddddddeeee!!!!!!! :eek: DSCHD usually repeats shows so check this one out.

Awesome.

2. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

sounds like fun....:D

3. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

You mean those puny little 200 ft. roller coasters? *yawn* Zzzzzzzz.... :D

I still haven't worked up the nerve to try it, but Cedar Point has the 300+ ft. Millenium Force that hits almost 90MPH on the first drop. Or the new Top Thrill Dragster that launches riders up to 120+ MPH before shooting them up a 400 ft. loop and back down. (To see this thing operate up close is unreal!!)

I don't mind fast, but anything that twists and turns really throws me off. I can go on the monster wooden Mean Streak coaster at Cedar Point, which is 160 ft. and hits 65MPH, but I get nauseous on the Tilt-A-Whirl.

BTW, if anyone here in the Cedar Point area is lurking, their season passes are on sale until mid November. :) We're thinking of getting some.

4. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

Yeah...you can ride on the days it decides to run!!

5. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

:laugh: Ain't that the truth!! :laugh: It was down twice the day we were there (mid August).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.