Trailer Park Boys

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Spaceboy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone like this program? I've just started watching it after a recommendation from my sister who lives in Canada. It's a Canadian sitcom about two dorks who live in a trailer park, very funny.:D

2. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

Been a fan of the show since 2001. Unfortunately, the final episode ran a few weeks ago.

3. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Isn't it 3 dorks?

Scope J likes this.
  4. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

I believe a sequel of the '06 film is in production right now, actually.

Have seen the "Trailer Park Boys Movie" (thumbs up), but have yet to see the series itself.

Very funny movie.

Kinda like a modern day more "realistic" Strange Brew.

Jeff

5. Captain Groovy

BTW this thread should be in Visual Arts, not Off Topic.

Jeff

6. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

You had just heard of it now?

7. Captain Groovy

It's really a Canadian phenom. No one's heard of it stateside, so I'm not surprised it's taking awhile for the UK.

Jeff

8. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

It's absolutely filthy, but incredibly funny! The actors have the characterizations down perfect. White trash at it's best!

9. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

How can you know this?!

10. Captain Groovy

Box office results for the film in the U.S. and the show doesn't air on any of the majors...

I'm a fan - relax. I'd LIKE people to know about it - obviously Ivan Reitman believed in the show.

Jeff

11. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Was that the "new special one-hour episode titled Say Goodnight To The Bad Guys"? I haven't seen it yet.

The series is even better IMO.

12. RussellG

RussellG Forum Resident

This show is single-handedly responsible for making me want to give up my day job and wander round a trailer park with ice clinking in my bourbon.

13. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

When we visited Toronto last year these guys were EVERYWHERE! 'Canadian phenom' is an understatement. :)

Before that I had never heard of them, not once...and I like to think that I'm tuned into pop culture pretty well. I'm really wondering why they haven't made any sort of impact here. None whatsoever. :confused:

I'd like to check them out on DVD someday.

dan c

14. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

A friend of mine got me the DVD for Christmas, although I have yet to watch it. She and a Co Worker were talking about it a few weeks ago when I went to visit her. I guess I'll have to bump it up to the top of my growing to watch DVD pile. Especially since the Captain recommends it. :D

15. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

The episode with Alex Lifeson in it is still the best. :thumbsup:
    The episode where their getaway truck flips over and Julian's rum and coke stays intact is too much. :D

It's probably a good time to end the show at this point because I don't know how long the writers can keep beating the same themes to death. It was a good run and for the most part, pretty entertaining.

16. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I have just started watching this series after a work friend recommended it and enjoyed many laugh-out-loud moments in seasons one and two. I'm still laughing over some of the scenes just thinking about them. For example: Ricky's part time job of pulling shopping carts from the ravine near the mall and then catching Bubbles throwing them there :laugh:

Is the rest of the series as good?

17. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Tell me about it! When we visited BC last October they were everywhere. I watched a couple of episodes and it was pretty entertaining. I think it would do quite well in the UK.

I recognised the guy with the thick glasses as someone here had that pic as an avatar.

18. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Bubbles. I believe he's been an avatar of several members, over the years

19. George P

George P Notable Member

I just heard about it a few months ago.

This show is one of my favorites of all time. Absolutely hilarious! I've watched the entire series twice already, along with the two movies.

Here's my favorite scene from the series - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWCBghizQUs

20. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

I just have to bump this back up. I just heard about this show 2 weeks ago. I borrowed season 1+2 from a co-workers and I am HOOKED!! I can't get enough of this!!!!

I plan on ordering the box set shortly to get the rest of my fix, then work on the movies.

I can't believe I never heard of it during its 7 season run!

I've never had this much fun watching a TV show.

mooseman likes this.
  21. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, I am on my third time through the series and I also can't get enough. Great, original characters and hilarious from start to finish. :wave:

22. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I've only started watching it this year. It is good fun with great absurd characters. I like the gonzo style, obviously a lot of improvisation. It is in the same vein as Reno 911 a great cast full of over the top silliness.

23. George P

George P Notable Member

I have many favorites, though I think Lahey is the best.

24. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

Show Case in Canada has been playing the same 10 episodes every day twice a day for YEARS!

But I do like it....these guys never go out of character. They have a funny xmas special as well....its a spoof on Reality TV...but Trailer Park Boys is more believeable .IMO>

sean

25. jukin

jukin Forum Resident

My US wife (here in Lancaster, PA) loves 'Trailer Park Boys' and 'Rab C. Nesbitt' (for those who know about such things). How can one itinerant Scotsman be so blessed?

DrStroganoff likes this.