Transparent -Amazon Prime TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dbacon, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

A good thing, perhaps?

2. I've watched the first two episodes so far. So far, so good. I like how the show has introduced the Palestinian perspective into the episode (episodes?) taking place in Israel/West Bank.

As far as it "dropping" without any notice, I've known for at least a month that the new season would begin on 9/22. It's been promoted on Amazon and other websites.

3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The Audience network ran marathons of the show this past month. I'd heard good things and recorded the 1st season and a few of the 2nd. Just finished watching them all last night. Outstanding work by everyone involved but my favorite character is the mother as played by Judith Light. I don't get Amazon so I don't know when I'll see it again.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, kiss Transparent goodbye.

Jeffrey Tambor has just exited the show in the wake of sexual harassment charges (which he denies).

5. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

He's the only reason I stayed with the show. I don't see how it could continue without him, but if it does, it'll certainly continue without me as a viewer.

6. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I don't believe this is official yet. He said only said he has trouble seeing how he can return to the show.

Jeffrey Tambor May Be Leaving 'Transparent' Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations

"Still, Tambor has yet to officially quit the show. A source close to the show says no final decision about next season has been made by Tambor or Amazon."

7. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I was thinking they would have to do a spin-off as the title and opening wouldn't make any sense but since the daughter may go through what her father did maybe keeping the title and theme of the show makes sense. I feel like Jeffery's character has gotten diminished a bit anyways. His family has taken over the show which isn't a bad thing. Sucks that this drama happened on set. I doubt Trace Lysette would make this up as she was still a reoccurring character on the show and doesn't seem to be seeking monetary compensation so why would she bother saying it if it was made up?

8. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I haven't seen her yet in S4, IIRC. I've seen about half of it. I don't suppose it's possible the character was dropped, and that these allegations against Tambor are merely coincidental?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.