Trio 3 album Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton Linda Ronstadt new this year

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Patsyfan1, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

LISTEN: “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind” (Dolly Lead – Alternate Take 1994)

bluemooze and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  2. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

melstapler and D-rock like this.
  3. pghmusiclover

Happy to see the artwork for the vinyl finally on Amazon:

[​IMG]

D-rock, bluemooze and Marble Index like this.
  4. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

Came across the commercial for this today and thought I'd pass it along if anyone else has getTV and would like to record it.It will usually display the info when a show first aired,but its missing here.The show ran from 87-88,so I'm hoping they sang something together from Trio.
    [​IMG]

bluemooze likes this.
  5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

6. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up! My copy already shipped from Amazon UK and will, hopefully, arrive Stateside in a week or two. Does anyone have any idea how this 3-disc set is packaged? Fatboy case? Digipak?

7. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I should have mine tomorrow.
    I'll report back

Get2Me likes this.
  8. minibreakfast

minibreakfast Forum Resident

D-rock likes this.
  9. Witney Devil

Witney Devil Well-Known Member

Digipack

The third disc is positioned just make it a little extra difficult to get it out. I've transferred mine to a plastic case.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

So, by digipak, do you mean a true digipak, with plastic trays and hubs that hold the discs in place? Or, is it one of the modern, "environmentally friendly" digipaks with cardboard slots for the discs? Thanks for your input!

11. Deepdiscount is running the CD set at $18.99.

12. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

PhantomStranger likes this.
  13. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

Hows the HR dl?

14. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Cardboard slots. I think it's a beautful package. And the 3rd disc is absolutely beautiful sounding. Three angels singing. No doubt.

15. pghmusiclover

I got both vinyl releases ("Trio 2" and the double-LP of "Farther Along") today and look forward to playing them over the weekend.

Now I am hoping the Emmylou & Linda album "Western Wall" gets a vinyl release...

chacha likes this.
  16. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

17. minibreakfast

18. padreken

padreken Senior Member

By coincidence, I was listening to my original pressing of Trio this morning (mastered by Doug Sax). It's always been a desert island disc for me-just ordered the individual releases of Trio II and Farthur Along. I noted that Sax is listed as mastering the new releases, too-these must have been among the last albums he worked on before he passed.

chacha likes this.
  19. BurgerKing

Right, but no mention of whîch songs. So, if someone already owns both Trios and just wants the 20 unreleased tracks, he has to buy the vinyl?

20. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I don't understand or hear the difference on track 3 of disc 3 "Lover's Return" (Linda's Solo) .. I hear Dolly harmonizing like on the original.

21. minibreakfast

Well, the 14 songs are listed right there if you follow the link. As to your question about the bonus cuts, then yes, I guess.

22. BurgerKing

Not sure why you'd be able to see them and I can't. It says, "Track Listing- Disc 1: tbd"

Just seems kind of counterintuitive to have the 20 unreleased tracks available only on vinyl :confused:

23. minibreakfast

I can see the listing on my Kindle tablet, but not when I'm on my laptop. How weird! Here's a copy n paste:

Disc: 1
    1. The Pain Of Loving You
    2. My Dear Companion
    3. To Know Him Is To Love Him
    4. Telling Me Lies
    5. Farther Along
    6. Lover's Return
    7. After The Gold Rush
    8. The Blue Train
    9. You'll Never Be The Sun
    10. When We're Gone, Long Gone
    11. Waltz Across Texas Tonight
    12. Do I Ever Cross Your Mind (Dolly Lead - Alternate Take 1994)
    13. Wildflowers (Alternate Take 1986)
    14. Calling My Children Home

24. BurgerKing

That is weird. I don't see it on mt iPad, so it's not like it's a discrepancy between the full and mobile sites. Anyway, thanks for the info!

minibreakfast likes this.
  25. I just got the complete trio collection hot off the presses on Friday, and for anyone who owns the first two Trio albums and is wondering if buying the complete collection is worth it for the third disc, the answer is a resounding YES!

I'm not particularly a country music fan, but I am a huge Linda Ronstadt fan. Any love of country music I may have, I got from her, and the influence her early records had on me. I'm not sure that the Trio Records can be categorized as country; "traditional" may be a better categorization if one needs to categorize. In any event, it is a joy to have so many unreleased tracks and alternate versions of previously released tracks made available.

Linda Ronstadt degenerative Parkinson's disease makes this release somewhat bittersweet. She's always said that her favourite collaboration was with Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton on the Trio records. They really did make some beautiful harmonies together, and it's obvious that they made these records for the sheer joy of singing together as opposed to any type of commercial consideration. Any other Trio fans here?

ted321 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.