Trumpet Poll

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ronflugelguy, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

Mike, thanks for the site. I saw Maynard this last Feb. He 's 75 now and he still can play, but he only plays 4 or 8 bars and lets the band carry him. But when he does play, he still sounds great!

2. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

Love that trumpetjazz.com site; thanks for the URL. Strange that they don't mention BS&T in the bio of Lew Soloff.

And I fully agree about the killer solo in "Spinning Wheel." Also worthy of mention: Soloff's piccolo trumpet work in "Valentine's Day," one of my favorite BS&T tracks (it's on "IV"). I think he's playing flugel on that track too, isn't he?

3. Ronflugelguy

Ya know, i'm not familiar with IV, I'll have to pick that one up on LP. But i do remember hearing a song with a picc trumpet on it.

4. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

You're gonna love that album. For me, it's almost as good as the second album. Some days it's even better. Plus, it's got one of those very rare rock-n-roll tuba breaks, on the longer version of "Go Down Gamblin'."

I love that album!

5. Ronflugelguy

Oh yeah, "Go Down Gamblin'", Great tune!!!!!!!! I rember that tuba break now. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.