DCC Archive "Tube Hounds" will want to look at this...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff Thread Starter

2. jligon

jligon Forum Resident

WOW! I'd hate to see me trying to fix this when something went wrong on it. God, I'd HAVE to move somewhere that the radio stations are better than I get now! :eek:

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Of couse you can get your own exciter, plug it in, excite the guard rail on your apartment or stoop, and be your own radio station, but nah, that's no fun.

It's an impressive unit. Does it come with its own snap-in grill for toasting bread? No?

4. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

Yikes, look at all the stars.

Speaking of tubes, Steve's Marantz in listed again. How much power would that thing put out? I want to switch over to tubes in a bad way, but I'm beginning to think the best route would be a tube preamp mated to a ss power amp.

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

The opposite works for me much better. It's especially helpful when you get a good Adcom preamp that won't colour the sound one bit, that can better handle modern technology AND the old, but you might just have "vintage" in mind anyway. The end amplification stage seems to be the stronger, more vital side of a playback chain, but...

I'll soon post what I think of Doc Bottlehead's "Foreplay" once I get the sucker and solder it. I may change my mind!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.