Tube Storage - What Does Everyone Do? Any Nice “Display” Ideas?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by pscreed, Nov 7, 2018.

1. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

Being as I'm a couple of hours from St. Louis, I'm "planning" on a trip to Keith's place one day to check out the VTPH-2A. I feel that his Phono Pre would be a destination piece for me.

Sorry for the derail:)

2. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez Forum Resident

I think it's the last phonostage I will need, even if I upgrade other parts of the system (amp is only thing I would expect to improve anymore). Keith is the nicest person you will ever meet, and extremely knowlegable. You will enjoy the visit. He loves music. He personally delivered and installed my phonostage when I bought it 4 years ago. He ended up hanging out for hours to listen to records with us.

mreeter likes this.
  3. Subagent

Subagent I dropped Physics. Ohm's Law doesn't apply to me.

So true! I should probably find a nice old enamel advertising sign and turn it into a cover/door for that shelf. No matter how many times I straighten it up, the next tube that I go looking for is always at the bottom of the stack. Or, fairly frequently, not on the shelf at all. It's sort of funny and a wee bit embarrassing-- I have a degree in library science, and worked as a cataloger for years. The cobbler's children have no shoes....

mreeter and showtaper like this.
  4. Otlset

Otlset free-range audiophile

Wear your tubes! Here's a nice brooch.

[​IMG]

pscreed likes this.
  5. Otlset

Otlset free-range audiophile

Make ornamental insects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]