TV Series Premier- MODERN FAMILY

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jh901, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

:righton:

While I didn't find it great, I did find it very good and better than most recent comedies that I have watched.

2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I think it has quite a bit of promise.... Kind of like the Office where they talk to the camera... I also loved the neighbor lady on episode 2....

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

and no laugh track!

i hate shows with laugh tracks, it's like they are trying to tell you something is funny even if it isn't.

4. SuiteMadameBlue

SuiteMadameBlue Rockin' The Paradise

Our family loves this show!!! Having 3 kids, I can relate to a few things in each episode :)

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I sometimes wonder how much they will be able to milk from this show's premise, but my wife and I are enjoying it so far, so I will postpone complaining until it actually gets bad. :) The cast is pretty incredible.

Regards,

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Phil is hilarious whenever he gets around Gloria, especially the last two episodes.

7. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

Modern Family and Cougar Town is a pretty funny 1-2 punch for ABC. Both my wife and I enjoy the shows and we especially like the "bang-bang" pace of Cougar Town . And it has Busy Philipps from Freaks and Geeks.

8. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident Thread Starter

indeed....

this show has been quite good each week....

9. applecakes

applecakes viva la vinyl

Who The Manny!!!!!!

10. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident Thread Starter

shocking how there are so many TV threads on this forum yet so few posts on this show....

the most recent episode with the iPad tie-in was a genuine classic.....

11. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

It's probably my favorite right now!

12. Jay F

Jay F New Member

I haven't watched this week's ep, but this is my second-favorite TV show now (the first being Southland on TNT). I actually enjoy the whole ABC Wednesday night -- well, from 8:30-11.

13. DylansGypsyDavey

DylansGypsyDavey New Member

Great show, but am I the only one who noticed how awful Claire's (Julie Bowen) boob-job was on last night's episode? Thought she was so sexy in the past, but now it's kind of ruined for me.

Still a funny show though.

14. Mikkel

Mikkel Forum Resident

Started to watch the first season on DVD yesterday. Didn't expect much but what a nice surprise: It's really funny. Great show.

15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

We are only on page 2 of "Modern Family"?! Wow.

This is one of the most clever, well written, best acted shows in years.

How do other regular viewers feel about the Sophia Vergera's character's pregnancy?

This is another show I've watched from the first episode and have loved. I, personally, am not thrilled with the pregnancy arc, but they have to keep the show moving along. Lilly has become one of my favorite characters on the show! Anyway, I just couldn't believe that we hadn't discussed more about the show since it began.

16. It's a short thread because there's nothing to bitch about. . .

I don't like the pregnancy because it's quite obvious that she's not really pregnant. There are enough characters on the show that I don't think they need another one.

17. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I really loved the first season and most of the second season. But somewhere during season 2 it started to feel very redundant and I lost interest towards the end. I have checked in for a few minutes here and there lately, and it just doesn't make me laugh like it used to. Not sure what is different.

18. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Bump.

Can someone explain to me how Ed O'Neill and Sophia Vergara's characters supposedly hook up? Or is it ever explained? Saw the show for the first time over the weekend, and while I liked the show it was just thumb-in-my-eye not believable at all that they are together.

19. Macman

Macman Senior Member

I didn't see the first season so I can't answer your question other than to say he's very well off. In that sense it's very believable.

20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Actually, last season this was explained. At a bar/restaurant Jay sent over a drink to a woman who it turns out was Sofia's sister, and it went to Sofia instead, or at least that's how I remember it.

rburly likes this.
  21. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

I also remember something from the Halloween episode where Gloria thinks Jay is picking on her for her inability to pronounce certain words, and he tells her that he first met her in a diner(?) when he was in a booth behind her, and before he saw her, he heard her voice and knew he had to have her. I think.

22. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Still a very good comedy...

23. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I agree. I watch it every week and my girlfriend loves it and quotes lines from the latest episode all week. Fun to have something t0 riff on every week. There's just so much going on between the three families, and recently Lilly comes up with a zinger or two every episode.

24. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Scattered thoughts: I think the show was on cruise control last season but has recovered nicely. Still a pretty big fan here, except for Manny's "I'm reading off a cue card" delivery of his lines. Also, too much Cam & Mitchell can be a bad thing sometimes. I like Adam Devine (as Manny II) a lot. The older episode where Claire kept grinning horribly when delivering bad news was hysterical to me.

25. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It's still a staple for watching for me. The interaction among all the characters is fun to watch. Going back and forth between the families can be a hoot, and Lilly does have some of the best lines in the show sometimes. She'll rip off two or three sometimes. Its a fun show to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.