TV Series Premier- MODERN FAMILY

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jh901, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

I liked this show the 1st / 2nd season. Then found it boring.

As hot as Sofia is and great to look at, quite honestly, she is annoying.

forthlin likes this.
  2. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I've watched the show every season - one of the best on TV right now.

nbakid2000 and JimC like this.
  3. Macman

Macman Senior Member

I love this show. My favourite moment was when the three kids walked in on their parents having sex and quickly slammed the door. While the girls were shocked and disgusted, a puzzled Luke said: "I don't know what was going on, but it looked like Dad was winning." :laugh:

4. Like a lot of shows (Friends, anyone?), they've spun off the little quirks of each character and made them more pronounced as time goes on. So like Ross got more and more neurotic, the Modern Family characters have also gotten more cartoonish. Phil's blundering strains credibility. Gloria becomes . . . well . . . not so bright. Still find the show pretty funny when the writing is sharp, and I agree that the Luke character gets more and more laughs. He gets most of the deadpan lines.

5. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Just started watching this with my kids, maybe I need to skip over this one. :shh: What season would this be?

6. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

It's the wedding anniversary episode, so whatever one that is.

jeffrey walsh likes this.
  7. jeffrey walsh

8. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

9. jeffrey walsh

Thanks for that, a few days late I'm afraid, my girls are 12 and 9. Close but far away if you know what I mean. :)

10. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

I've just started watching this show on a nightly basis & loving it. So many great characters but I reckon Phil is my favourite.

In last nights episode Alex trying to exact revenge on Haley for an embarrassing photo and have it backfire big time was hilarious.

11. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

I've watched 4 or 5 episodes as it seems like a show I'd like a lot, and I want to like it...but it just didn't grab me. Don;'t hate it and if I'm in a hotel or someplace with little choice I'd take it over most other stuff but it's not something I'm going to make a point of watching.

RickH likes this.
  12. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Love this show! Best sitcom I've seen in years.

13. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Well written show, great to have "Al Bundy" return to TV (sorry, he'll always be Al Bundy to me) but as a character with a spine this time. And Claire and Gloria are always great to look at.

14. P(orF)

P(orF) Forum Resident

It's a weird show - in many ways a typical sitcom, but the jokes play around the edges and they come in bunches, without any kind of rhythm. They never take that "pause for laughter" that you unconsciously expect. And sometimes they hit notes that are completely off the wall. Case in point (this is from the Australian vacation show, so stop reading if you think you might want to watch it):

Clare has taken a big work project on the vacation. She carries it around on her laptop, referring to it, often, as her "baby." Late in the episode, at a campground, a wild Australian dog breaks into the tent and runs away with the laptop. You wait for the obvious, but someone calls out "hey, that wild dog just took your laptop" while Alex wanders through the foreground muttering "Sounds like a missed opportunity to me."

So you either think that's stupid, or, like me and my son, you're laughing so hard you miss the next three minutes.

turnersmemo and stereoptic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.