TV show re-casting that didn't work

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

I wasn't thrilled with the recasting of Johnny's son from Season 6 (the Final Season) of The Dead Zone. Sure, the kid may have been a better actor than the previous kid but his appearance was so nothing like the previous actor that it did take me out of the show.

And now I see that Reggie from Riverdale has been recast as the previous Reggie couldn't continue with the show due to scheduling conflicts with another show he was working on. Can't really say it's bad though.

2. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I guess I will have to get more familiar with The First Doctor. These are the Doctors I'm most familiar with: Fourth, Sixth (my favorite), Seventh, Eighth, War Doctor, and The Ninth.

Most of what I know of the actual First Doctor comes from the novelizations of the stories but I've only read a little of them. For a time I was purchasing the novelizations since that was the only way to enjoy some of the stories due to some being lost and some were not run on my local PBS station. Also, at the time home video wasn't an option.

I didn't want to spoil the upcoming episodes so I didn't mention it but I was aware of it. Despite not following Doctor
    Who
    regularly (I want to watch the entire series in order from the beginning, with novelizations for the missing/unavailable/lost stories), I have made a point of seeing the regeneration stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.