TV Shows That Should Not Have Existed, Yet Did

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JamieC, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The creepy robot girl though...

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think it was the story lines -- it just kind of wandered away from the central theme, which was more about the show than about the lives of the people working on it. I also objected to the concept of a live 1-hour comedy/variety show being written by 2 or 3 people; the truth is that there's frequently more than a dozen people who write a show like that every week, and even more if you add in freelancers. The show was extremely unrealistic in that regard.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  3. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

So many reasons here that pushed me further away from watching network TV. I'll never miss laugh tracks on bad TV comedies.

On the other hand, very happy with the quality of the current streaming shows (Bosch, House of Cards, Stranger Things). So good!

4. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Oh, make no mistake, the show was awful.

5. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I can't believe this lasted more than a few episodes. From wiki: To explain child actress Tiffany Brissette's aging during the show, the series' producers had Ted give V.I.C.I. an upgrade in the series' third season. He aged her face, dressed her in modern clothes, and allowed her to eat and drink. The food passed through her naturally and the drink cooled her internal system.

6. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

There was a 'pose-n-play' Skipper doll that if you turned one arm all the way around she grew up/matured. I think it was meant to be educational. Maybe Small Wonder could have been like that. Eventually she would turn into Julie Newmar. :laugh:

7. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Heil Honey I'm Home!

8. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Shoot. I was going to mention that one ...

Mr. Terrific (TV Series 1966– ) - Plot Summary - IMDb

9. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

When they renovated a park in our neighborhood somebody thought that it would be cool to prop a glider on top of a vine-tangled tree stump near the entrance:
    [​IMG]

And who's the pilot?

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

It's Clutch Cargo!
    [​IMG]

I may be far outside the broadcast range of The Kaptain Kangaroo Show, but I rest well at night knowing that ol' Clutch has got my back.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  10. I remember watching this. Aside from a bit of miscasting, it was surprisingly pretty good.

11. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Not only that, but his successor is also a member of the Justice Society. Both the original and the current Mr. Terrific are basically prodigies who are good at everything.

12. Solitaire1

My local station ran an hour of Hogan's Heroes each weeknight. It was intended to just before the summer, but it was popular enough to remain in that program slot for years.

13. Solitaire1

I think this is an issue for anyone playing the role of an unaging being (like a robot). I'd heard that was one of the reasons they killed Data.

Concerning V. I. C. I. the main issue with her was that her behavior didn't seem to evolve over the course of the series. They kept her a very passive character.

One of the things I liked about the recent series I Am Frankie is that she begins very robotic but over the course of the first season her behavior becomes more and more human (but still with a few robotic touches such as always saying someone's first and last name together).

14. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

Hogans Heroes wasn't too bad, good cast, some good lines and characters. Pretty much your typical 60's sitcom set in a Nazi prison camp/ I can think of a lot of other comedic shows that have aged far worse

goodiesguy and Vidiot like this.
  15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I love “haters back off” currently on Netflix. It’s so ****ing weird it’s good.

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm sad to admit I worked on about 4 or 5 episodes of Desmond Pfeiffer, and it was actually a funny show and the producer from Paramount, Steve Rose was (and is) a terrific guy who is very funny himself. Unfortunately, the subject matter and subsequent protests made it clear that you just can't do any kind of TV show about slavery and have it get on the air -- even though (as even the star of the show pointed out) the lead of the show was black and was the smartest person in the series. I think it was rejected purely on the basis of its concept and not specifically on what happened in the show; it was actually not even 1/10th as outrageous as Blazing Saddles, but that was a movie so they could get away with it.

Not a great show, not a horrible show, and trust me, I've worked on a lot worse than this.

17. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Voted at the Montreux festival as Best Television Series in the World for 1964. Ran for Twenty Years on the BBC from 1958 to 1978, and sold overseas (it aired here in New Zealand, and I think it might've in Australia as well).

Upwards of 13 million viewers were Alabamy bound every week. And was one of the first programs to switch to colour (pardon the expression) in 1967. They tried a non-blacked up version in 1969 in place of it, and it was a dismal failure.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    smilin ed and rod like this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

[​IMG]

Vidiot and S. P. Honeybunch like this.
  19. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

Far right: Geri Reischl aka "fake Jan" .

20. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Possibly the most horrible variety show ever -- not just in the history of television, but in the history of the human race.

I defy anybody to watch this for more than :30 seconds.

SomeCallMeTim, eddiel, BobT and 3 others like this.
  22. MikaelaArsenault

This is very laughably bad. And I just love how they actually got Rick Dees himself to do this embarrassment.

sunspot42 likes this.
  23. MikaelaArsenault

And Rick Dees looks pretty terrible himself nowadays. :(

24. MikaelaArsenault

No wonder why Eve refused to do this piece of musical trash.

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Once Upon A Time...brought to you buy the writers of Lost! My wife watches this...I can't stand it. Trash...

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.