TV shows that you wish would exist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classicolin

Classicolin ‘60s/‘70s Rock Fanatic/Crown Kingdom Guitarist

- A 'next generation' sequel to The Sopranos following up on the family, and its associated organised Soprano-DiMeo crime family, set ten years after Tony's death in the original series' notorious series finale (regardless of one's stance on how the series ended with respect to Tony's life, the character's death would obviously now have to be made official due to James Gandolfini's 2013 death). A less hinged A.J., having witnessed his father's brutal death (and who was already partially immersed in crime and violence even before the series' end), now is a Capo under a restructured mob leadership under Paulie Walnuts and Silvio, while Meadow, now an attorney, reluctantly facilitates the family's illegal dealings and counsels A.J., in an attempt to regain their family's stature, now with children of her own as well. Carmella suffers immensely from her husband's death, a sullied reputation, and financial loss. The series could further explore the deterioration of the American Dream, the Trump-era notion of 'Making America Great Again' with rebuilding the DiMeo family, and the loss of a pivotal family patriarch, through the new Soprano-DiMeo family in the late 2010s-early 2020s.

- Star Wars: The Animates Series, an animated, swash-buckling, adventure-of-the-week Star Wars show (not in the style of Clone Wars or Rebels) following the exploits of Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Chewbacca, et al. in the years immediately following Return of the Jedi and before the birth of Kylo Ren/Ben Solo. The classic Original Trilogy characters go after the remnants of the Galactic Empire, and encounter a series of new villains, planets, entities, et al. As Clone Wars didn't use the original actors from the Prequels, save for a few exceptions in Anthony Daniels, Admed Best, etc., bringing back the surviving Original Trilogy actors to perform the voices wouldn't be a requirement (Leia was already voiced by a new actress in a cameo for Rebels prior to Carrie Fisher's unfortunate passing. I expect that Daniels would at least return along with Mark Hamill, however, who's already a proven voice acting talent, and who would likely relish the opportunity to voice Luke and a number of other new characters for the show.

- Star Trek: Phase II (what a missed opportunity...)

- Unstable: A significantly darker spin-off of Law & Order much less reverent of the U.S. criminal justice system than the other instalments in the franchise, following departed S.V.U. protagonist/star Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni), who has now succumbed to his worst tendencies as a security officer, private investigator, and ruthless vigilante - in his spare time - in the wake of his 'retirement' from the Special Victims Unit and his final irreconcilable divorce from his wife, Kathy, after the death of their troubled daughter, Maureen, from an overdose. In a shared finale with SVU, Stabler is finally apprehended by his old co-workers, Olivia (Mariska Hargitay) and Odafin (Ice-T) at the Manhattan S.V.U.

ohnothimagen likes this.
  2. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'd like to see a soap opera, only with dogs. Like those insurance commercials. Maybe based on puppy mills.

Stillhouse likes this.
  3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

"All in the Family"
    A new Archie Bunker could be entertaining in this politicized time, with a new "Meathead" of course, but also on a lighter level his constant battle with modern technology. There'd need to be an adjustment to Edith though.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Star Trek - Star Fleet Academy

A Star Trek series based at the San Francisco Star Fleet Academy site. Starring Will Wheaton as Professor Wesley Crusher.

5. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Archie Bunker vs the non-binary genderfluid demikin Antifa SJW. It practically writes itself!

6. Dreadnought

Meathead could be classic Meathead but I don't think classic Archie would work. His being a complete buffoon who was wrong 100% of the time would not be best. I would not want the show to be vehicle for either side in the real world culture wars. I would have him being correct at least 30% of the time. Not confined to the interior of the house as the classic was, Archie could be impeded on his way to wherever by a swarm of people with their heads down walking while looking at their phones. Archie would be correct when losing it over that. Ideally a new All in the Family would entertain both sides.

7. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

How about one that shows the lives of Native Americans...Before The Europeans Arrived,their lives-loves-wars.

8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I don't think you got the intended message if you think "All In The Family" was one-sided. Lear definitely sent up both sides.

9. Dreadnought

I've always been a Meathead myself and didn't see it that way but I certainly could have been wrong. I'll try to see it differently the next chance I get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.