TV stars who were fired?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JozefK, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think there were different opinions here. On the one side, Somers miscalculated by asking for a little too much of a raise, and the producers were terrified that they would also have to give Joyce DeWitt and John Ritter an equal raise, which would've really frosted ABC. In hindsight, the three actors should've sat down and negotiated together and gotten (say) a 50% raise, which would've been fair. I think the other two actors were blindsided and kind of angry that she had tried to negotiate separately.

Suzanne wound up making about $100 million with her diet books and TV commercials, so she still managed a very successful career for many years. She also survived a cancer scare but still looks pretty good for her age. I've worked with her a couple of times, and she's actually a very nice lady who's pretty honest and a total pro, not difficult at all.

2. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Yeah, it seemed like a really bad move on her part at the time, but she maintained her fame and made a killing off that Thighmaster gadget - tens of millions more than she would have made as an actress. The dumb blonde ended up being crazy like a fox.

3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

How many years did that comedy show she did with Bobby from Dallas last?

4. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Don't forget her series "She's the Sheriff" :)

(Actually, I remember watching that show and thinking it was okay...)

eddiel and Vidiot like this.
  5. Grand_Ennui

You mean "Step by Step"?

6. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

yea

7. Tamla Junkie

Tamla Junkie Forum Resident

Broderick Crawford was fired from "King of Diamonds". By the time he had come back from Europe to shoot the first season, he was ****faced all the time; Fred Ziv let him go and stopped production on the show after just one season.

8. Grand_Ennui

"Step by Step" aired for seven seasons...

Step by Step (TV series) - WOW.com

9. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

wow, that long? Never watched it, didn't realize it was so big

10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Janet Hubert was fired from The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air for being.. well, insufferable.

11. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

By a decade later he was reduced to soap commercials for Colgate-Palmolive.

sunspot42, goodiesguy and fr in sc like this.
  12. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I read the whole wiki entry on Godfrey yesterday. He was a really nasty piece of work. By the time people tried to get him and LaRosa to make up on TV, it seems he had repainted reality to suit what he thought were facts, instead of just admitting his mistakes. It's almost like he had personality disorder, like a politician. Paint a totally different picture for the world and treat people differently when the curtain closed. It's interesting how movies were satirizing him, even before his downfall. By the time I was a kid, his day was done and I was surprised to learn that he was massive at one time. Huh? That guy who does commercials?

goodiesguy and fr in sc like this.
  13. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

What is the story behind that anyway? I heard she was complaining about Will Smiths behaviour on set a bit too much and since he was the star of the show....

I thought it was a shame she had to go though. I liked her version of Aunt Vivian better.

sunspot42 likes this.
  14. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

Michael Pitt and Paz de la Huerta were reportedly fired from "Boardwalk Empire" for difficult and/or bad behavior.

15. Pitt's character was killed-off in season 2. An artistic choice, or just to get rid of a difficult actor?

16. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

Here's a pic of said cousin, shhhh, lol![​IMG] Guess which one, LOL!

17. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Horrible picture of Joyce

Johnny Rocker likes this.
  18. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

I love threes company, and I hope my cousin is doing well,:righton::D.......

19. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

Hear, hear! That's what I first knew of him as, a guy who did commercials like the one All Rights downloaded. My parents had to tell me who he was, and they remembered all too well about Julius LaRosa and filled me in.

20. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

There are many online articles about how Pitt's character was killed off because on the set, Pitt the actor could not remember his lines, fought with the director and writers about plot and dialogue, and cost the show money with his unprofessionalism.

21. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

Arthur Godfry was definitely a harda$$ boss, but a survivor. When he was marginalized on TV, he ended up hosting the last network variety show on radio; CBS into the '70s. I remember hearing it, thinking, "what a throwback".

22. dalem5467

dalem5467 Forum Resident

You're better off googling this one

23. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Bob Todd was fired from The Benny Hill Show after 1976 because Benny was worried of his Alcoholism. He didn't appear again until February 1980 when new director Dennis Kirkland persuaded to get him back, as the Alcohol never affected his work or comic ability and he stayed till the end.

24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

She claimed that she just wouldn't put up with Will Smith's ego, and it's said that he used his influence to have her fired and replaced with an actress who wasn't as confrontational. I think there are several sides to this story.

Pitt also departed abruptly from Hannibal, so you wonder what's going on... Those of us working in the trenches behind-the-scenes on bad TV shows are rarely told why actors are fired or replaced. I can tell you that Michelle Rodriguez couldn't remember her lines worth a crap on Lost, and I thought she was really terrible. They fired her after she had been arrested for drunk driving, but the producers at the time claimed her character was always intended to be short-lived, so I dunno what the truth was. She clearly went on to huge success in the Fast & Furious movies, so she found her niche and stuck with it.

25. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

Not defending him, but I don't know about "reduced". On his own radio shows, he did many of the commercials, and he was a trusted pitchman for the times. He also did small parts in major movies and TV through 1979, a few times partially satirizing himself, sometimes as a regular acting character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.