Twilight Time Entertainment to reissue 5 sold-out limited edition blu-ray titles in 2015

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lukejosephchung, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

3 of the titles, originally released as 3,000-pressing limited editions, have already been confirmed on their Facebook page: "Christine"(1983), "Fright Night"(1985) & "Journey To The Center Of The Earth"(1959), which is ALSO to receive a new 4k-based restoration transfer from Fox...the remaining 2 titles are to be determined and have yet to be announced... :righton:

wave, mj_patrick, Mr. H and 1 other person like this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Anyone that's a fan of Christine...this is the best this movie has ever looked, and sounded, including the theater in 1983 !!!!

mj_patrick, Mr. H and hi_watt like this.
  3. lukejosephchung

My understanding is that these 5 titles will ALSO be receiving new bonus features that were unavailable to Twilight Time for inclusion in their original blu-ray releases...it will be interesting to see how collectors react to THIS new development from them...

4. Myke

At their prices, I can safely pass on any double dipping.
    Especially in a year with...

WKRP
    The Sopranos
    The Wonder Years
    Batman

:tiphat:

5. Well those folks will probably be ticked off. Me, I'm happy as this is how they should have been doing it in the first place. They could issue the first group as limited editions with some unique feature but reissue the films for tose who didn't want to pay an absurd amount of money for these titles.

agentalbert and lukejosephchung like this.
  6. lukejosephchung

These aren't coming until January 2015 and beyond and will be spread out through the calendar year...you shouldn't have too much trouble saving your disposable funds for these, MYKE...:wave:

7. Myke

I'm retired, no such thing as disposable funds. Weren't disposable when I was working, either.

bluemooze, Hutch and lukejosephchung like this.
  8. lukejosephchung

Understood...you have your financial priorities and I wish you luck in getting those things you want most, buddy!!!

9. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

All right! Thanks for the heads up! I am definitely getting Fright Night this time around. I passed on it believing it wouldn't sell out right away. Oops!

wave, lukejosephchung and Mr. H like this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Fright Night is a surprisingly good movie. It's one of those rare films that was hilarious and extremely scary. I saw it with a very mixed urban crowd at a (now-defunct) Hollywood Blvd. theater almost 30 years ago, and that audience blew the roof off the joint.

11. I hope Screen Archives has prepared their servers when Fright Night goes back up for pre-order. I doubt the 3000 units last more than a few hours this time.

12. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

It still holds up very well. The casting is great, and Chris Sarandon is one of my all time favorite film vampires.

Miriam and wave like this.
  13. Myke

Why I ordered The Man From Laramie last night. :tiphat:

lukejosephchung likes this.
  14. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Do we know it will over again be editions of 3000? An upcoming batch will have The Blob pressed at 5000 units.

15. Christine!!! I was so bummed about that. I wish they ease up on the limited pressings just a little. Before I hear about them they're always already gone and puling boo-koo bucks from scalpers.

16. lucky!

17. That actually kinda sucks for first time buyers, and us too since some of them will gunning for a second go round. :yikes:

18. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

well I sure hope they do that resto on Journey To The Center Of The Earth 1959 as the blu ray I have of theirs right now looks worse than my older DVD. And the going price is silly enough I might just dump it.

I also have their blu ray of Mysterious Island and it sucks too. Another one I can dump and make big bucks on. Hell even the DVD is going for big money, WTF??

19. Myke

With eBay completed listings of $100.00 average, you should go for it. :agree:

20. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I paid $32, I feel guilty dumping off this trash for $100+, but.......

21. Myke

Never feel guilty. Somebody wants to spend $ 100.00 or more on an item you paid a fraction of that for, let 'em !!!
    First time you make that big profit...what a feeling !!! :bdance:

JohnBeas and GuildX700 like this.
  22. I've seen indications the reissued titles will once again be limited to 3000 units.

23. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Twilight Time now sets limits on how many copies can be bought by a customer, depending on the title, to avoid a repeat of the Christine insta-sell-out.

24. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

It doesn't seem to me to be a formula for a sustainable physical media market.

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959) was (is?) a problem case. Like a number of old "color by DeLuxe" Eastmancolor films, the print quality was none too good to start with and soon faded beyond use, with the negs following not too long after. It used to look lousy in revivals and horrible on TV and early videos. Washed out, blurry DingyColor, drastically cropped for pan-and-scan to boot. The $70 Laserdisc was a relief in having surprisingly strong sound and not being pan-and-scan, but the color, although much better than seen since its release, was still mostly dingy. The DVD was a revelation - iirc, seps had been made and they found & used 'em, restoring the image to a surprising degree. It was great to be able to watch it that way. Haven't seen the Twilight Time release though and have no idea what they used.

25. Myke

The Big Heat needs a reissue !!!

Al Kuenster and GuildX700 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.