Twilight Zone, Season by Season

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by benjaminhuf, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Well said, and absolutely another great & mind-bending episode :thumbsup: That's the one with Timothy Hutton's father.

Attached Files:

2. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

The First season is almost Perfect ,while there are still wonderful shows to come
    the number of so so shows goes up in season 2
    The prints on Tv are so poor I don't know why anyone would bother,just get
    them from the Library or Netflix them (they stream them too)

3. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

Just ordered this Blu-ray from Amazon UK who have it for £15.49 Delivered - which is cheaper than the DVD!!!

4. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Love this show

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm watching an episode on TV right now...aired locally I believe...woman in a hospital..." room for one more " ...is she dreaming or not ?

Shot on film, I love how " live " this old Classic looks !!! :agree:

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

7. Myke

" Twenty Two " was the name of the episode.

8. Michael

9. Myke

Makes me want to watch a lot more of these.

10. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

"Twenty-Two" was one of the six videotaped episodes experimented with by CBS/Serling. With an eye toward paring down the budget, they basically shot the episodes live with three cameras the way they would do a live broadcast and save it on videotape. Serling hired directors familiar with live-TV techniques, but ultimately the experiment was scrubbed.

Those six episodes are commonly presented in two different ways these days - either as the raw videotape, which gives the show a soap-opera look, or as kinescopes - filmed from a video monitor which gives it horrible image resolution but more of a film look.

Harry

11. Myke

Thanks Harry. The Art Carney Christmas episode has to be one of the six, right ? That's how this looked...to me, anyway.

12. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

13. Michael

and a younger Jonathan Harris as the Doctor.:):thumbsup:

14. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

"The Jeopardy Room" had an interesting premise, but what really ruined it for me was the inexplicably stupid ending.... why the hell would the assassin pick up the ringing phone when the booby-trap was just explained to him a few minutes earlier? Dumb, dumb, dumb. :rolleyes:

(The "explosive booby-trapped phone" idea was done to much better effect in the 1999 film Payback with Mel Gibson).

15. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I enjoyed the episode despite its flaws, but it seemed to employ the comic book supervillian mistake: Rather than just defeat the hero, the villain plays with the hero.

I've enjoyed many of the classic Twilight Zone episodes, and rather than getting them on video I've purchased a few of my favorites as radio dramas (at one time my local Blockbuster sold CD collections that each featured four episodes, and more episodes are available for download). They are modern audio plays of the classic episodes that feature at least one known performer. As an example, "The Obsolete Man" features Jason Alexander in the role of Romney Wordsworth and the episode features additional scenes that enhance the story (such as Wordsworth meeting others who are in the same position as him).

16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I had to chuckle when I managed to land on a pair of "Twilight Zone" episodes (which have killer endings) and Serling comes in to say so: "No comment here" or "No comment needed" and then in his classic rambling flow of verbiage recites a paragraph ending none-the-less! Tere's no way in hell the hgreat Twilight philosopher-writer would skip a chance to squeeze in another bout of billowing prose! :D

The :"Twilight Zone" is the only thing I watch anymore. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.