Twilight Zone - The Complete Series Blu-Ray - Pricing Updates*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by jsayers, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Fulfilled by Amazon = you're protected by Amazon. You're okay, and I understand, and agree.

Reader likes this.
  2. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting.... Thread Starter

What a great post - yes, the saga of TZ on home video has been quite a ride. Since I got the blu-ray set, I was left with those "Definitive Edition" dvd collections. I had 3 of the 5 actually, so it wasn't too bad. I was able to sell them on Amazon and recoup all the money spent on the blu-ray set, so that was nice.

Myke likes this.
  3. jsayers

I should add I was able to do this just before Amazon started that asinine new policy that makes it really difficult for mere mortals to sell certain dvds on their site. Now I wouldn't be able to do it, I'd have to go to ebay to sell sets like the TZ boxes.

Michael likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thank all the bootleg dealers who were selling pirated copies of TV shows, CD Boxes, etc...it was rampant. I got stuck a few times...one cannot sell a DVD over $24.95 without permission...

5. jsayers

So that's what it was all about. Amazon never said why. Thanks.

6. Michael

you're welcome

7. Michael

I rode the DVD reissue TZ train...I originally had all the single DVD releases and thankfully I waited for the Ultimate, but now that's moot with the BR! one day I may get the BR box...although I am happy with the Ultimate boxes...

8. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I have an extra sealed copy of this that I would be happy to sell at a very reasonable price. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks!

Michael likes this.
  9. Michael

which version? I know they put out a complete BR box with bonus features and a BR with just the episodes

10. chacha

I'm not sure at the moment. I'll be back home tomorrow and will check.

Michael likes this.
  11. Michael

...thanks.

chacha likes this.
  12. Myke

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Does anyone know if there are counterfeits of the blu-ray box for the Twilight Zone? The prices from 3rd parties on Amazon are tempting, but if there are counterfeits around, those probably are [counterfeits]...

14. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

3rd party was no lower than Amazon today.

15. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I finally pulled the trigger on this Saturday for $113. I went ahead and did the deal for the Amazon credit card with instant approval and $70 gift credit. I applied my gift credit and got the Blu-ray set for $42 shipped w/Prime, and it will be delivered today.

My story is much like HGN2001's (entire Columbia House VHS collection for $1000+), except that I stopped purchasing the individual DVD releases after about the 6th one. I then waited for the compilations, but only purchased 3 out of the 5 and never finished. I did end up selling my Columbia House VHS collection on eBay and made some of that insane amount spent back, but only about 1/3 of it.

Anyway, looking forward to finally watching this series again from the start - this time with the best picture quality it's ever had.

HGN2001 and jsayers like this.
  16. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

When I checked it says it's sold by West Coast Media & fulfilled by Amazon.
    Any chance this is not legit?

17. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

There's always a chance with a third party vendor. But it's fully covered by Amazon's return policy. I also think with a 4.9 out of 5 feedback rating with 38,000+ ratings over the last 12 months that you're pretty safe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?i...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A2RQ38FFUL7LO9

HGN2001 and jsayers like this.
  18. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I think mine came from West Coast Media, and I'm pretty sure it's genuine. (If by some chance it's a counterfeit, then it's an exceptionally great counterfeit.)

This set was well worth both the wait, and the reasonable money spent.

Harry

19. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

It's not really a popular enough item to bother counterfeiting. I think the somewhat weak sales are what have depressed the price, too.

On a sidenote, The Dick Van Dyke Show blu-ray box set must have had horrible sales, because I bought mine for I think $50-60, which is about rock bottom.

20. Myke

But that price is only Amazon. As I keep repeating, several others are still asking $300 + or - slightly.

21. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Me too.

22. chacha

The extra sealed one I'd be happy to sell is the complete one with bonus features. Barcode is : 014381807158 (as MYKE so nicely provided) .

Myke likes this.
  23. Myke

Jes tryin' to help, even if I never make my own mind up. :laugh:

chacha likes this.
  24. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Damn.

Chris R likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.