Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Due 29th July 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree, Moira was better as a high school girl, Boyle always seemed too old to be a high school girl but she was pretty good at the all-encompassing googly-eyed first love adoration stuff. I mentioned the nude scene because that was why it was Moira in the movie and not LFB. Lynch decided he was going to show all the stuff he could only hint about in the TV series. Sheryl Lee was willing to do those scenes, LFB was not. Or maybe that was just the excuse she used to get out of doing the movie, I don't know.

2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It's been a while but I recall feeling that the scene wasn't true to Donna's character.

3. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Actually LFB was already committed to another project. The "no nudity" story gets a lot of play but it's not the reason why Donna was recast in FWWM.

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

wasn't that project Wayne's World? ;)

5. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

That's what I was thinkin too

6. AztecChimera

[​IMG]

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Is this set available in the US, because I went into a UK HMV and was told it won't be released until the end of July?

8. It's not out anywhere at the moment.

9. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

I checked on amazon.com. It's been delayed until July 29th.

10. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

July 30th in Europe. Same for the rest of the world I think.

11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Could be that some of that is just that Moira's Donna was pre-murder and Lara's was post murder. Though FWWM is pretty dark, Moira is playing a typical high school girl while Lara is playing a high school girl who just had her best friend murdered. It would have been odd for Lara to act like a typical high schooler given what just happened.

kevywevy and smokeverbs like this.
  12. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I agree.

13. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I thought that scene was perfectly done. Donna had a history of wanting to "be like Laura." She said it herself many times during the TV series. There was also a scene in the 2nd season where she puts on Laura's sunglasses and tries to "seduce" James in his jail cell (her idea of "what Laura would do"). The party scene in the movie spoke to that desire, and I think she handled that as any naive high school girl would handle it.

What bothered me more is that she partied with Ronette Polaski that night, but it was never mentioned in the TV series that she knew her.

kevywevy likes this.
  14. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Maybe it would be more accurate to say I don't think it's true to her history. She may have wanted to be like Laura in some ways but I felt it was more that she wanted to be sexy like Laura, not that she wanted to do or had ever done the things Laura did. I could believe that she might follow Laura because she was worried about her, but not that she'd get into what was going on at the bar to the point of taking her clothes off.

I would believe the scene if the movie was my introduction to the characters -- it works on its own -- but it didn't quite fit for me with how Donna was in the show -- no sense that she had ever done anything wild like that with Laura, or as you say, that she ever had any contact with Ronette and that whole scene.

15. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

You did notice them slipping something into her beer, right? I always assumed that was what caused her to behave that way.

ad180 and rburly like this.
  16. That and/or wasn't she wearing Laura's sweater? (I haven't watched FWWM in at least a decade) I figured the sunglasses and sweater gave off some kind of supernatural something that was trying to lure her into Laura's other life. Maybe that's where Bob was hanging out in his less corporeal moments.

17. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

So when Bob wasn't in physical form, he was crossdressing? Another layer of eerie... :winkgrin:

But seriously, I never thought about that. But didn't she hang on to those sunglasses and wear them for a while after that night?

kevywevy likes this.
  18. Daniel Plainview

19. The difference/improvement in picture quality is as dramatic as what CBS/Paramount's done with "Star Trek-The Next Generation"...have this on order and am looking forward to watching this in HD!!!:edthumbs:

20. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

I think I need to see this again. Haven't seen them since they aired in 90/91. I was in college and all I remember was the 4 hotties in Madchen Amick, LFB, Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee. Other than Coop liking a fantastic cup of Joe, I remember thinking the best character in the show was David Duchovny as Agent Dennis. Have to check this out again...

21. Daniel Plainview

smokeverbs likes this.
  22. hotsoup

hotsoup Forum Resident

Beautiful, I was so smitten with her. She seems very charming in the extras as well. Agent Denise/Dennis looked great too, lol

chrischerm, marblesmike and rburly like this.
  23. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

My favorite non-main character was Albert Rosenfield (Miguel Ferrer).

And for the record, I prefer Moira Kelly's Donna over LFB.

chrischerm and smokeverbs like this.
  24. hotsoup

hotsoup Forum Resident

+1 !
    Maybe we should start a poll. :laugh:

chrischerm likes this.
  25. AztecChimera

Albert's path is a strange and difficult one.

chrischerm, vertigone and ad180 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.