Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Due 29th July 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I got my Amazon copy today (I'm a Prime member, if that makes a difference).

2. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Glad everyone is getting theirs. My brother is coming over later with some other people and we are going to fry some chicken parts and watch Fire Walk With Me and then The Missing Pieces.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Me too.

4. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Well thanks for throwing me out today, Cooper.

Mazzy likes this.
  5. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Shows delivered at 2:45pm today. :) Can't wait to get home from work! Should have the new Herzog box there too!

6. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

I asked about this at Best Buy and they told me it was only available online

7. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

I wonder WHEN they ordered it. Might be a case of delayed stock arriving or something. I can't confirm it, but I'm pretty sure amazon typically does FIFO on order fulfillment.

8. Rando

Rando Active Member

I have Prime, but am having it delivered to an Amazon Locker. I ordered it day one, not getting it until Thursday. Same with the new Tom Petty Blu-ray.

9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

And the wonder why their sales are down...

10. What crap. Best Buy has become irrelevant. No reason to ever visit their stores again. At least for me.

11. My Amazon order just arrived. It came in a box. Damn I was hoping it would be wrapped in plastic. But the Blu Ray was. So I'm good.

12. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Mine arrived today. I've been a Prime member for five years, and can only thing of one occasion when I didn't get something when expected; two weeks ago when they started using the US Postal Service to deliver orders.

13. Yeah the title is #1 at amazon present. My little bit of material that attached the lid ripped off when I opened it.

14. malcolm reynolds

Finished FWWM. Looks and sound amazing. I am glad they fixed the audio back to the way it was in the theater during the club scene. The New Line DVD had the voices jacked up so high that you didn't even need the subtitles.

Also I can't imagine the series getting on network TV today as it is. Not because of the subject matter or violence but because of all the smoking. Especially when most of the smoking is done by teenager characters.

kevywevy likes this.
  15. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

16. Andy Lee

Andy Lee Active Member

Here's another Tintin.Twin Peaks. Prefer yours, however...

[​IMG]

17. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

So, the SNL skits were left off the BluRay box? Seems odd.

Not sure if it's worth holding on to the Gold Box just for that, though.

18. malcolm reynolds

There sure are quite a bit of white specs on episodes on the first disc, particularly the pilot.

19. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

As in digital distortion?

20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

21. malcolm reynolds

I am also having audio sync issues with some of the scenes during The Missing Pieces. Episode nine has an audio sync problem that is really distracting.

Didn't Paramount pretty much screw up the first season of Star Trek The Next Generation with audio sync errors on several discs?

22. Why oh why did I cheap out and choose free shipping? Normally American imports like this take weeks to show up at the local HMV. So, of course, this time the box was sitting on the shelf at HMV on Tuesday, for pretty much exactly what I paid at amazon.ca. Son of a . . .
    I'm glad they fixed the audio in the club scene. It made it seem much more realistic.

23. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It's too bad Lynch couldn't have done (or didn't want to do) a director's cut of the movie that reinserted some of the deleted footage. There are some really good scenes there, like the first Palmer family dinner, or the scene with Donna's parents, or the chat between Agent Cooper and Diane. And I felt like those scenes played at a more relaxed pace that was closer to that of the TV series -- by comparison, you can feel in the movie that they were trying to squeeze too much into 135 minutes. For example, I thought the Random Appearance by David Bowie scene and the Room Above the Convenience Store nightmare were far more intelligible and involving as separate scenes than layered on top of each other. On Blu-ray, they could maybe have done a three hour plus movie (maybe in two parts) that flowed more naturally.

However, I would still have left out all the stuff with the TV show characters who were cut from the finished film -- Pete, Josie, Ed, Norma, Sheriff Truman, Andy, Lucy, etc. Fun scenes to watch for fans but they would have been non sequiturs in the movie.

24. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Just finished episode 9. I'm watching on a PS3, and happily didn't have any sync issues.

As I'm working thru the set in sequence, I won't be able to watch the FWWM deleted scenes for a while yet. Hoping for the best.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  25. That's my dilemma - do I work my way through everything in released order or dive right into the unseen stuff?

Big Pasi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.