Twin Peaks Soundtrack Vinyl Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ad180, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's coming out on Death Waltz Records. Don't know anything about this label, but they are distributed by Light in the Attic, so perhaps it will approach their quality (Rodriguez, Mercury Rev, etc).

http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/new...aks-soundtrack-to-be-reissued-on-vinyl-145950

2. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Don't normally collect vinyl, but yeah, I'm all over this!

Front 242 Addict and hi_watt like this.
  3. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Yes!! 'Fire Walk With Me' is my favourite soundtrack ever, and is my vinyl 'white whale'...

erikdavid5000 likes this.
  4. goldenbreast

goldenbreast Forum Resident

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhh!!!

rockinlazys likes this.
  5. jumpinjulian

Just reading about Death Waltz Records and it seems they take a lot of care with their reissues, which is also good news.
    No mention of sources used though.

marcfeld69 likes this.
  6. goldenbreast

goldenbreast Forum Resident

I was wondering about that, hopefully we'll get more details shortly.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  7. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Love my UK LP from the '90's, whatever the source. Great music.

8. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

The original vinyl Twin Peaks soundtrack (made in Germany) sounds fantastic. Fire Walk With Me has never been on vinyl before so this is great news!

ress4279 likes this.
  9. jumpinjulian

It did come out in Europe but it is very rare. My friend in the youtube link below scored a sealed copy for $90. I opted out of bidding on the only copy I found on eBay which ended up going for about $190.

noyoucmon and AaronW like this.
  10. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

Wow, never knew that! Glad the reissue is coming as that is out of my price range.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  11. rockinlazys

rockinlazys Forum Resident

Just added to my play pile! Now, that is one great soundtrack.

12. danner

danner Forum Resident

13. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

The colors for the vinyl are wrong. They should complement the LP sleeves.

The TV soundtrack should be forest green, and FWWM should be red.

But that's my crazy color vinyl fetish speaking. ;)

erikdavid5000 likes this.
  14. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Some, but not all, of their releases are expensive in the UK, £25-£30, although I've got others for under £15, they are a good label with some interesting titles, I think the guy behind it works in Rough Trade.

I hadn't realised how expensive the Twin Peaks vinyl was these days, had a few copies around twenty years ago, just kept the one, although I have to say I haven't seen a copy turn up in some years, the original is a pretty nice pressing, just before quality control went out the window on major label vinyl.

15. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

We just did two limited editions where the vinyl matched the screen printed sleeves, one blue and one green, you are not alone.:righton:

Ben Adams likes this.
  16. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Great. :)

I've been meaning to order the original, but I can't seem to find one for under $50. So excited!

17. lowellmorris

lowellmorris Forum Resident

I've heard two Death Waltz Records releases, the Donnie Darko soundrack and the House by the Cemetery soundtrack. Both are flat, quiet, great sounding releases. It's expensive to get their releases shipped to the US directly from their website, but Light in the Attic carries most of their products (well, the ones still in print) in their store for a much more reasonable price.

18. LePompDior

LePompDior Forum Resident

I have 7 or 8 Death Waltz LPs. I'm a John Carpenter nut, and I have all the the stuff by him that they've released. I also have the Goblin tour EP. The pressings are all relatively quiet with a nice soundstage. The covers are all beautifully printed on thick card stock, the inner sleeves are poly lined, and there's always cool extras like a poster or small book, etc. These guys are on the same level as LITA and Numero Group. Really, really solid releases.

I'm also a huge Lynch nut. I have the OST for Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, and Wild at Heart. I've never come across the Peaks LP and refuse to pay $75 for it second-hand. I'm more that excited about this news.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

this is fabulous news. the tv show's is one of the best soundtracks ever.

thebunk likes this.
  20. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Good news. Even though the original "Twin Peaks" soundtrack never was that rare in Germany. Maybe do J.Chattaway's score to "Maniac" next? Even the latest reissues are out of print and expensive:(

21. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Has anyone from the U.S. ordered anything from Death Waltz? How secure is the package?

22. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

If you get in early Amazon.co.uk sometimes has them at lower prices than Death Waltz themselves, I think I saved two or three pounds plus the postage on my "Assault On Precinct 13" for example. If you think you want any of the Death Waltz releases then grab them early, on release, generally they either disappear or rocket in price.

23. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip. Some of the releases are still available at Light in the Attic. However, I'm sure the Twin Peaks vinyl will be popular so you're probably right on getting it early.

I'll definitely order from Amazon UK just for their packaging.

24. LePompDior

LePompDior Forum Resident

If you're in the US, order through LITA.

25. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Do they usually have preorders?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.