Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

It's already on PCM. It's The Missing Pieces (majorly the Bobby & Laura basement scene) and episode 9. I haven't checked the entire thing, so I don't know about anything else yet. They're not majorly out of sync, but once you notice it, it's like watching an Italian Western with dubbed audio

2. I’m very used to this loss of sync happening on Blu-ray, cable STB, TiVo, and AppleTV. I am convinced it has to do with HDMI and/or HDCP issues. Usually if I pause what I am watching and press play it will correct the sync issue, or if not, if I do it a few times it will.

3. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

The original two seasons of Twin Peaks have also now been renewed for streaming on Showtime until the end of the year.

Bowie Fett and rburly like this.
  4. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Has anyone put together a combined playlist of the two soundtracks to Season 3 in order of their appearance in the series? I think this would be an interesting listen...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  5. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident

Season 1 & 2 question regarding the Twin Peaks "Definitive Gold Box Edition" . What's the difference between the 2007 and 2017 versions? 2007 version I think has some commentaries but besides that, any big differences? Re watching episode 18 of the Return. Did Coop go too far back in time at the end? I'm sure this has been debated in past postings but his thread is huge.

6. Brian_Svoboda

Brian_Svoboda Senior Member

Rewatching the season, a question: Why does Mr. C (if indeed it was Mr. C) pressure Duncan Todd to put a hit on Dougie in Ep2 BEFORE GoodCoop is supposed to leave the Black Lodge, and before Mr. C is to return there? If Dougie is Mr. C's decoy -- the Cooper equivalent, manufactured by Mr. C, who is supposed to get sucked back into the Black Lodge in lieu of Mr. C -- then why kill him? I totally get why Mr. C would want to whack Dougie AFTER GoodCoop has crossed over, and essentially becomes Dougie. But why BEFORE then?

7. There is actually a third soundtrack to season 3:

Anthology Resource Vol. 1: △△

questrider and bferr1 like this.
  8. Because the series has not been completely presented in chronological order. For example, the Roadhouse scene in Episode 2 doesn’t actually take place until Episode 16. Many other scenes are “jumbled up.” For example, there is a scene late in the series that talks about the Maj. Briggs’ body being found yesterday (or something to that effect) and another scene later on where it was remarked that Mr. C escaped from federal prison two days earlier.

Brian_Svoboda likes this.
  9. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

Just an FYI that these are all of the official Twin Peaks soundtracks.

[​IMG]

313 tracks—212 of which are included in The Twin Peaks Archive—totaling nearly 16 hours (15:59:30 according to my iTunes) of material.

Big Pasi and Billy Budapest like this.
  10. questrider

Here's a sample of what you get on Dean Hurley's Anthology Resource Vol. 1: △△.

Anthology Resource Vol. 1: △△ YouTube Playlist: Intro Cymbal Wind

11. frozen-beach

Worth mentioning is Johnny Jewel's album Windswept. The tracks The Flame & Slow Dreams, which are featured in the series, aren't on the soundtracks. Windswept is also different. I'm really curious if some of the other tracks, like Missing Pages, are outtakes. He claims he recorded over 20 hours of music for Twin Peaks and sent in about 7 hours.

12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

Three years ago today. Lynch & Frost sent out a simultaneous message on Twitter.

13. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

14. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

You mean, what is the difference between the 2007 Gold Box DVD set and the new The Entire Mystery BluRay set? Here is the breakdown:
    http://www.vulture.com/2014/07/twin-peaks-box-set-extras-guide.html

15. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Commentaries are only on the Artisan Season One DVD box.

16. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

sorry if this has been explained (there is so much to read!)

what happened to the girl that had the bug thing crawl into her mouth?

did they ever get back to that?

I enjoyed much of 'the Return' but ultimately a bit disappointed by the lack of clarity.

but if there were to be another season I would be so there.

:)

rburly and GentleSenator like this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

we are the detectives.

18. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

19. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Bowie Fett likes this.
  20. questrider

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Bowie Fett likes this.
  21. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

The "Welcome To Twin Peaks" fan site has a thread with over 125 issues/questions that were never resolved/answered. So assume a position of fealty, let your eyes glaze over and chant "what do you expect, it's Lynch".

PhilJol likes this.
  22. I seriously wonder if Lynch is playing a little "Emporer has no clothes". I spent years reading all kinds of interesting (and sometimes very crazy) theories on Usenet after the original series and movie. Lynch has to know that his fan base will assume there is deep meaning in everything he does. The temptation to just toss any bizarre crap on the screen must be strong when you know people will assign their own deep meaning. "Hey Mark, let's shoot 3 minutes of a guy sweeping a floor. Theyll think it's loaded with meaning and we can go home early today". I love a lot of the guys work but it seems to me he's being deliberately bizarre, safe in the knowledge that we'll figure it all out for him. Having said that, I'm sure I'll buy this season and try to figure it all out anyway.

23. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

24. frozen-beach

POLL: The Nature of Audrey's Situation (Spoilers) - Page 19 - World of Blue - Twin Peaks - David Lynch

Rhapsody In Red likes this.
  25. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

So it dawned on me that when Cooper awakes from his coma he then asks Mike to make another. Mike told Dougie he was manufactured by 'someone' (very early in season 3), which suggests that Mike had already made a Cooper tulpa or clone or whatever - but not Dougie. Common theory is that badcoop made Dougie as a decoy, which I think is on track, I also think badcoop was basically throwing the works at that problem of being taken back to the black lodge (or whatever the story/science is around that whole bit, such as the two causing a disruption if they are in the same reality at the same time or whatnot...) and was trying several methods, like the wired car. In that scene I thought that the bile he spewed may be similar to the bile spewed by the demon in ep. 8...
    Anyway I just went reading some theories and one that struck as very viable (although surrounded by a lot of useless blather) is that when Cooper says to the Fireman in ep.1 that he understands, what he is saying is that he understands that when he does save Laura from being killed by Bob then Cooper will be on his own in parallel realities from then on -or at least until season 4.
    Mainly because as Laura is not a body wrapped in plastic anymore then there is no murder to investigate and Cooper will not be summoned to Twin Peaks in the reality that matters.
    So did Mike make a Cooper before? Maybe because time is so out of joint here that the other good Cooper (not bad Cooper or new or old Dougie) was made by Mike to handle the task of being abandoned in the skewed unknown realities for the sake of saving Laura...or something like that, but basically Cooper is saying that Mike had made another if you interpret it straight -I suppose it could mean another besides the one that was Dougie and made by someone else, but I think it infers that Mike has made another Cooper before he makes the new Dougie.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    trumpet sounds likes this.