Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

Such great news.

On the Twin Peaks subject, has anybody heard anything lately about the status of the vinyl reissue that was announced a few months ago?

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

A do-over? Really? REALLY?!!

3. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Not so much a do-over as a "season 28."

It's unfortunate that season 3-27 were never filmed or aired, but whaddyagonnado?

team2, Chip Z and Rupe33 like this.
  4. Wow. I was happy enough with the revisit with the Palmer family on the box set. Lynch and Frost writing and Lynch directing them all? That's more than I ever expected to happen. Trivia note - in the comments section of (iirc) a Salon article published many years ago Harley Peyton admitted that he STILL had no idea what "that gum you like is going to come back into style" meant! As for the actor that played "Bob" being dead, he rarely appeared for more than a few seconds at a time so maybe they can use old outtakes of him when needed.

5. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

6. I always thought that refusing to do more than a bit part in "Fire Walk With Me" was a mistake on KM's part. Cooper was the best role he ever played. Can't wait for more Agent Cooper!

Billy Infinity likes this.
  7. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Here's a more in depth article from the NY Times.

ad180 likes this.
  8. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I have watched Twin Peaks every October since it first aired and my parents recorded it on VHS tapes. Then I got the official DVD set, the Gold Box DVDs and now the BD set. I watched the new BD set in September but with this news I am going to have to watch it again starting tonight.

Chip Z and rburly like this.
  9. malcolm reynolds

I hope it is a mixture of the series and the film. While I love Fire Walk With Me I don't want 8 or 9 episodes of it.

10. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

Those of you who love the show and the especially the music might enjoy the release Ghostwood by a band called Bookhouse.
    It's jazz impressions of Badalamenti's score. More info over at http://ghostwoodalbum.com/

Sample:

kevywevy likes this.
  11. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

His involvement is crucial to the feel of the show.

Mr. H likes this.
  12. Mark Frost wasn't really involved with FWWM, maybe he keeps Lynch's dark side in check when they are collaborating. I hope this will retain the humour from Twin Peaks that wasn't much in evidence inFWWM.

13. malcolm reynolds

Would it be greedy of me to ask for Showtime to bring Dead Like Me back too?

905 likes this.
  14. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

It wasn't evident in FWWM because that stuff was cut out. It's in the deleted scenes, so it's not like David wasn't capable of it.

15. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

So no one has an opinion on

Donna
    [​IMG]

or

Donna
    [​IMG]

We've got a year and a half to kill somehow! :laugh:

I guess they would try for Lara Flynn Boyle to keep the continuity with the series. I forget why she didn't do Fire Walk With Me but I know Sherilyn Fenn hates her because she put the kibosh on a Cooper/Audrey relationship.

16. I think the over abundance of Botox killed it fir Flynn- Boyle to return.

17. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

LSP2003 likes this.
  18. Actually except for his haircut he looks exactly the same.

19. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Peggy Lipton (Norma) looks amazing. She's 68!

ben_wood likes this.
  20. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

You think? It's only the picture where he's smiling where he looks familiar to me. It's partly because he's so gaunt -- if he could put some weight back on he might look more like an older James Hurley.

21. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

I saw him where I used to work in Beverly Hills once and told him that he played the 2nd most amazing TV character ever. He was fairly appreciative.

kevywevy likes this.
  22. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

I would see about 10 celebrities where I used to work. I saw Peggy Lipton a few times (Had to ask her and make sure that it was her. She looks a bit different without lighting and make-up, though all celebrities do) and she was very nice. She hinted at a TP reunion, and that was over a year ago.

I was there during it's first run and have to say that the tweets on Friday had me buzzing, the news today literally had me shaking!

23. "The Entire Mystery" is now a misnomer, but I'm not complaining.

24. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

I dont have too high expectations; I'm not a fan of the spin-off-movie and most of the other movies of mr. Lynch. The best thing about especially series 1 was the humour in combination with the dark threat. In series two (and in the movies) that aspect took the back-seat i.m.o..