Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Fair enough. Realistically they can't annoy me worse than James in the original run anyway. :D

kevywevy, Mazzy and DeeThomaz like this.
  2. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

fixed :)

Mazzy likes this.
  3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I think there's a slim chance of that, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. :)

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

all that matters to me is that we see cooper either escape bob or we get to see him try. i still get teary eyed every time i watch the season two finale.

dale cooper is truly one of the best television characters of the last, well, 25 years. that includes his "protege": fox mulder.

Leviethan likes this.
  5. smokeverbs

smokeverbs Senior Member

For better or worse, this is exactly how they should be doing it. 25 years later. I wouldn't be interested in a reboot.

6. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

Since Lynch has spent the past few years concentrating on his music career, I am a bit worried that Mr. Badalamenti's services might not be needed. It is my opinion that next to Lynch and Frost, Angelo is the next most important person in all things Twin Peaks. All three soundtracks have kept the mystery and beauty going on in my mind forever.

bopdd, smokeverbs, Mr. H and 2 others like this.
  7. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

I agree about Badalamenti, but I wouldn't worry about Lynch taking that on. He's already tapped to write AND direct. I trust that he knows the importance of retaining the same composer.

They are still friends too. I saw a picture of the two of them together from earlier this year.

Mr. H likes this.
  8. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Like many people involved with Twin Peaks, Angelo is getting on in years (he is 77). I hope everybody makes it to the shoot next year.

9. Very true. I'm thinking that Mark Frost may be the only person on the planet that is able to say "no David, let's not cut that scene".

10. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

They could always use the existing Twin Peaks music. In fact, there are only a handful of tracks in the original score, and they are repeated over and over and over. Of course, some new themes and incidental music would be great, but if worst comes to worst and Badalementi couldn't do it, I don't think the music would suffer much. I'm sure Lynch has some of his own music he could insert, as well.

11. liv3evil

liv3evil Forum Resident

Not to get all gossipy, but I read somewhere on one of these 'Twin Peaks where are they now' sites that James Marshall sued a drug manufacturer for millions, and had to have his colon removed?!? That would explain the rather gaunt appearance.

Poor fella. I never really dug his acting in Twin Peaks, but you could tell he was just young...and the other half of the problem was incredibly lame plot/writing (James & Evelyn).

Hutch likes this.
  12. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Anyone know if they will be back up in my neck of the woods for location shots?

13. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I think his acting suited the role well.

14. Too bad about Major Briggs. I actually liked him.

15. Preach it, brother.

16. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Damn fine cherry pie.... :drool:

17. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Lynch and Frost have repeatedly said that some of the actors they hired were chosen because they exuded that "stereotype soap opera actor" vibe. In other words they weren't looking for Olivier or Meryl Streep. I think the classroom scene in the pilot, where Donna/LFB realizes that Laura's chair is empty, and the camera cuts to James/JM snapping his pencil with his chia-pet hair, clues us in that James is meant to represent the "sullen secret boyfriend". The problem is that the writers developed several prominent subplots for him - the attraction to Maddie, the god-awful singing, the woman-who-shall-not-be-named.

To me, the worst part of the James/woman-who-shall-not-be-named subplot is that it makes no sense: James had just decided to marry Donna, and then Maddie dies and because of that he high-tails it out of town and fixes some cougar's car?

lbangs, kevywevy, Mr. H and 1 other person like this.
  18. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

19. liv3evil

liv3evil Forum Resident

If that is fan-designed and not legitimate it is really both misleading and enticing!

20. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

Fan designed, but can you wait to start seeing these for real?!?!?!

21. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

22. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

23. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Got me fooled!

24. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

Michael Horse claims Michael Ontkean on board.

25. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Awesome news, although I can see most of the surviving cast being on board as long as the story calls for it.