Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

^ Don't forget whatever likely physical damage to Dougie from his car accident 12 years ago.

2. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

When Josie shot him? The bullets were stopped by the vest, weren't they? And that was 25 years earlier.

3. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

Since Dougie and the evil Coop, are doppelgängers, not clones, I guess it's plausible (if one can make up doppelgänger rules on the fly) that they came complete with Cooper's old wounds.

By the way, Miriam said that she told the police what happened, and ALSO sent the letter. So what was accomplished by retrieving the letter?

4. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Depends which police she told. If it was Chad, well.... :shrug:

5. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

I dunno - figure the old Dougie Jones was "manufactured" or whatever, according to MIKE, and appeared 25 years ago, presumably with bullet wound and all, and doc would be familiar with it already.

6. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

But Dougie was in a car accident years ago. Surely that would have added some unique scarring.

7. drumzNspace

Not necessarily.

8. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Coop is not the same as Dougie. Why would Coop have Dougie's car accident wounds?

Wounded Land likes this.
  9. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying, the doctor examining Cooper-- who, presumably would have been familiar with Dougie's medical history-- should have noticed the absence of accident scarring, if there was any.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  10. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

The accident left him with psychological trauma but absolutely no physical traces?

11. bopdd

bopdd Senior Member

In case you haven't noticed, the Dougie Jones storyline isn't exactly aiming for verisimilitude.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  12. drumzNspace

Thinking maybe he bumped his head or had such a head jolt (the kind that gives "whiplash" or internal neck injury) that he was concussed and impacted in a lasting way. Certainly possible.

bferr1 likes this.
  13. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Folks notice that Lynch got a cowrite credit on the closing song this week? Might warrant some additional lyrical analysis.

OldSoul likes this.
  14. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Okay. I can go along with that.

15. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

The vest stopped two. Coop turned up the bottom of the vest to look for a tick. The bullet hit the tick but certainly penetrated DC as well.

[​IMG]

Culpa likes this.
  16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Cooper was also stabbed years earlier by Windom Earle. Maybe the Red Room has healing effects? He was pretty buff for a guy who basically sat in the same chair for 25 years.

rontoon and OldSoul like this.
  17. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

Wounded Land likes this.
  18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Maybe Cooper should just remain Dougie Jones. I mean, what does Coop have to go back to? He's been gone for 25 years, most of his friends are dead or dying, he can't go back to the FBI can he? Being Dougie might be his only chance at a happy ending in this story. Nice wife and kid, good home, steady job scribbling on insurance case files....what's not to love?

19. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Besides the fact people have been trying to kill Dougie almost continuously? :D

OldSoul likes this.
  20. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

And the wife has a serious case of the Dougies! Remember, Cooper said 25 years ago that he "would very much like to make love to a beautiful woman who I had genuine affection for." Me thinks it wouldn't take much for Cooper to have genuine affection for Janey-E.

:love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Dougie and Bad Coop are the same person separated by an unleashed power.

22. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

Anybody else hope Johnny ends up whooping Richard's butt? :)

23. I know!!! Autotuning her voice is a crime! Or should be.

24. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Huh? I thought Bad!Coop made Dougie as a decoy?

25. drumzNspace

Yes, but good Coop actually came back through the electrical outlet and dougie is in the lodge, rendered into a brass ball bearing. The dougie that's in action now isn't really Dougie.

trumpet sounds and Wounded Land like this.