Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

kevywevy, marblesmike and DeeThomaz like this.
  2. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

rburly and marblesmike like this.
  3. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

4. Jerry Horne

They did look though. I can confirm that the 'clean' version of 'I'm Hurt Bad' was discovered. Hopefully that and others that exist in private hands will see an official release. The amount of rare Twin Peaks material that a few have is staggering.

5. Yeah. I've heard they keep that material really close. Pretty crazy that some of the "collectors" stuff hasn't leaked on the internet--perhaps maybe in a deep forgotten corner of the newsgroups, but not easily available.

I have to correct myself--there are about 40 unreleased tracks (not counting SFX and short instrumental sounds), although a good portion of these were never actually used in the series or FWWM. The one that really bugs me is that Sneaky Audrey (reprise) is missing from the archive although available on bootleg.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  6. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

The amount of music in the Archive is amazing and unprecedented. I'm not bugged or peeved about anything missing. We're lucky to have what we do.

7. Jerry Horne

Probably won't be anytime soon. There are 3 or 4 people who have rare deleted scenes/Outtakes/Music etc that even Lynch/CBS doesn't have. They only share with people who can supply them with equally rare TP material.

Yes, we are lucky to have the Archive tracks, however, we did have to wait over 20 years! There was talk of a physical box set at one point, let's hope that happens. A handful of tracks had tech issues as they were released direct from DAT tapes. Let's hope they get cleaned up at some point.

Billy Budapest and Mr. H like this.
  8. Jerry Horne

9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The things I'm reading from you guys and others about their preparations are making me wonder what their take is going to be on the passage of time in Twin Peaks. Surely after 25 years the town is not going to look exactly the same and the characters are not all going to be doing (and wearing) the same things and obsessed with the same stuff?

10. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Interesting question. The original show, set in the very early 90's, had a certain retro quality to it that felt like the town was stuck in a fifties time warp. So in a way, I wouldn't be too surprised if many of the characters are basically wearing the same things and doing the same jobs. Sort of the aesthetic of the show.

zobalob likes this.
  11. Squealy

I know realism is not the point of Twin Peaks, but I think there has to be some sense of change and progress with the characters, or it's all going to seem like a sad high school reunion.

For example, Madchen Amick posted a closeup photo of the diner waitress uniform -- does she mean she's going to be wearing that, or is she just teasing her return to the show with an image associated with her character? Because, surely Shelly is not still a waitress at the diner after 25 years.

12. Squealy

It's going to be a very different experience watching this new version of the show after a year of reading spoilers and behind the scenes info about it on the internet... I anticipate it's going to be very bothersome for them to film anything on location. When Twin Peaks aired originally it just emerged from the television and you had no idea what was coming and very little info about what was going on behind the scenes beyond what you might see in TV Guide or the newspaper. A different world.

Sadly, I'm not going to have the discipline to not read this stuff.

13. Jerry Horne

A sign...

A sign on the building across the street from The Double RR now says "Run Silent, Run Drapes".

14. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

... which is precisely why I'm going to stop following Twin Peaks related websites and Facebook pages (and probably this thread). Jerry Horne's Location Report was even too much for me. Sorry, I want to enter this world without any previous knowledge. The more surprises the better. :)

15. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Thanks for putting that in a Spoiler tag. I saw something about a sign on Facebook with spoiler warnings... this is going to be difficult. I'm just walking away. See you all in 2016 for episode recaps! :wave:

Billy Budapest and Jerry Horne like this.
  16. Squealy

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. I really hope that situation hasn't stayed stagnant all this time...

17. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

The crew is currently painting Twedes Cafe (R&R Diner) in North Bend getting it ready.

Fullbug, kevywevy and marblesmike like this.
  18. Moth

Moth fluttering by

A friend and I actually went up to Northbend a month or two ago to visit the R&R diner (and other Twin Peaks stuff), both of us being huge Twin Peaks fans. When we actually got in, I was overwhelmed by how drastically different the place was, and the tasteless show-tie ins certainly didn't help. The place lost all of its cozy diner charm, and became an indiscriminate, linoleum place to eat. I don't blame the owner, as someone set the place on fire, but it was so heartbreaking to see the place in the state it's in. So, anyway, I'm happy to hear that the place is being fixed up. We'll have to go back and visit again when they're finished.

19. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Shelley didn't seem to have a lot of career prospects beyond waitress or getting her M.R.S. Norma was working as a waitress (though owner) at the age Shelley would be now.

kevywevy and rburly like this.
  20. The first season, definitely. Some of the shoes, dresses and hairstyles are straight out of the fifties. In the second season they seem to have forgotten about a lot of that.

21. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I wouldn't be surprised if Norma has retired and Shelley owns the diner now.

22. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Confirmed. Paper covering the windows.

23. Squealy

Theyve started shooting -- a scene with Nadine and Big Ed was shot at the new gas station location.

24. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Roads were blocked at the east end of town. In addition to the filming at Big Ed's station, I heard there was also filming going on at the Grange.