Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. This fella along with Coop and Audrey is all I need to pique interest. Let's hope he stays sane throughout!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  2. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  3. Andy Lee

Andy Lee Active Member

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Taken this afternoon

[​IMG]

5. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

6. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Could it be?
    Yes, it could.
    Something’s coming,
    Something’ good,
    If I can wait!
    Something’s coming,
    I don’t know
    What it is
    But it is
    Gonna be great!

Chip TRG likes this.
  7. Jerry Horne

Ray wise is in. Just confirmed on Twitter.

Mr. H and lbangs like this.
  8. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Um without spoiling anything, I wonder how he'll be used in it.

9. Jerry Horne

If I had to guess, I think we'll see him as we did in the final episode. With no Frank Silva, I think Leland and Little Mike will be needed.

GentleSenator and marblesmike like this.
  10. Big Pasi

Big Pasi Forum Resident

Michael J. Anderson wrote this on facebook today:

"On second thought, I realize now that me reappearing in the Newest Twin Peaks is a contradiction, an oxymoron if you will. That moment when I first appeared in Cooper's dream was such an unexpected shock to the nervous system of the viewers that left them petrified, frozen and paralyzed. It wasn't some brilliant character acting on my part. It was David's brilliant access to the surreal that never failed us.
    In the following decades people have replayed that terrifying moment in order to help overcome the fear of it, and in the process came to love the character (and circumstance) generating that fear. My returning to Twin Peaks would be just to see that lovable fear generator again. My original function on TP (to help create a shocking edge for reality) can no longer be done by someone as familiar (and dare I say loveable, LOL) as me.
    It's beautiful and wonderful that the fans would like to see me some more and I'm sure I'll milk that for all it's worth LOL, but in all honesty, my involvement is probably very unlikely. But, I understand why."

11. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Brilliant. Here's somebody who could stand to profit from the Twin Peaks, and he's essentially telling Lynch to be bold and creative and not give in to nostalgia.

That said, I think Lynch would find a way to make him terrifying.

12. Jerry Horne

I would take anything Little Mike says with a BIG grain of salt. This is a person who has said nutty things like certain folks think he killed Jack Nance etc. He has burned a lot of bridges in certain quarters.

13. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I never found the dwarf terrifying -- the Red Room was unsettling, and his voice and his dancing were weird, but I wouldn't say he was frightening. (He wasn't BOB.)

It's true, though, that the more you saw of him and that setting, the more used to it you became. The Red Room scenes in the movie, for example, didn't have the same impact. (And neither did BOB come to think of it.)

14. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

I would think the Red Room inhabitants (TMFAP, Giant) would be among the easiest characters to incorporate into a "25-years-later" plot, since they are spirits rather than physical presences and therefore presumably don't age or die.

More challenging would be how to work the Medicare-eligible folks (Ontkean, Lipton & Deschanel are all 68, Zabriskie 73, Beymer 76, Tamblyn 79, Laurie 83, etc.) in without turning it into Twin Peaks On Golden Pond.

15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

The way I see this playing out will be similar to what they did with the Dallas reboot a couple years ago. The main characters (still alive) were involved, but younger, fresher talent was brought in to carry on the story.

I was disappointed that Dallas was cancelled, and I wonder if the new Twin Peaks will have the same impact on a new generation of fans who weren't around for the original run. I'm sure it will be well done, but as much as we may enjoy it, most of us aren't 18-35.

16. Jerry Horne

bluejeanbaby and smokeverbs like this.
  17. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Yeah, but the problem there is that the actors have aged.

I don't know... I keep seeing unflattering recent pictures of the cast, and wondering whether it's just going to seem sad and depressing watching them try to revive these characters 25 years later. And I know, you can't expect people not to age, but it's different if you've seen someone pretty regularly over that timespan (like Kyle MacLachlan or Grace Zabriskie or Ray Wise). Then it's not so jarring, but many of the cast have not really been in the public eye for a long time, and they just aren't going to be how people remember them. I saw Kimmy Robertson on a TV show the other day, and she looked tubby and wrinkly and 59 years old, and I thought "do I really want to see her play Lucy again?" But then again...

...you got used to seeing older Bobby and Sue Ellen and J. R. pretty quickly. Come to think of it, Dallas went off the air in 1991 too. (Which seems hard to believe now.)

18. DreadPikathulhu

A few more, since the last one was so popular:

[​IMG]

19. DreadPikathulhu

[​IMG]

Probably the most changed one.

20. DreadPikathulhu

Seen many times in the pilot:

[​IMG]

21. DreadPikathulhu

Unfortunately, I couldn't duplicate the shot from the pilot because the area is filled with blackberries.

[​IMG]

22. DreadPikathulhu

Classic shot.

[​IMG]

team2, ben_wood, beatlesfan68 and 8 others like this.
  23. DreadPikathulhu

It's always sunny in Twin Peaks. I think I got closer to the actual spot where the sign photo was taken this time.. The sign was approximately where the puddle is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  24. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I can hear the music in my head when I see these pictures.

25. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Thanks Cerebus!

rburly likes this.