Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Awesome pictures. I really can't wait for the new miniseries.

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I hope that when the new series premiers they are able to reuse many of the establishing locations. Many of the houses are unrecognizable, but public locations still look remarkably like they did 25 years ago. You could probably reconstruct the opening sequence using modern shots with very little difficulty!

3. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I live in Haddonfield. When I walk home from work I hear the music from Halloween as the sun sets and the leaves blow across the sidewalk.

Rupe33, Mark Nelson, rburly and 2 others like this.
  4. zobalob

zobalob Senior Member

So that's where it's coming from.

rburly likes this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

aside from the pilot, stuff was shot in california. exterior stuff shot in snoqualmie/north bend/fall city was still peppered in, however.

mdm08033 likes this.
  6. DreadPikathulhu

7. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Welcome back Coop.

8. smokeverbs likes this.
  9. DreadPikathulhu

Laura Palmer, Bobby Briggs, and (possibly) Audrey Horne are back, as well.

10. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I wonder if he still takes the same size suit. Wish I did...

zobalob likes this.
  11. ricebear

ricebear Forum Resident

Um....didn't Audrey die in the final episode? I really hope they aren't going to blow off what they did in the original series finale. There was a LOT wrong with season 2, but that last episode was COOL!

rburly likes this.
  12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I don't have a quote for you but more than once I've read the writers saying no, she wasn't meant to die in the explosion.

GentleSenator likes this.
  13. ricebear

ricebear Forum Resident

So, I know that originally they were planning on having a third season, so that would have been a good cliffhanger.... But I thought that Frost/Lynch, after knowing that the show was not being renewed, reworked the final episode as a big F You to the network and/or audience. There was quite a bit of time between the last hour long episode to the finale. Does anyone know what the actual 3rd season arc was going to be?

There's no way 9 episodes is gonna be enough for this man. Maybe 9 TWO HOUR episodes! I would kill and die if they have Chris Isaak, Keifer Sutherland and David Bowie in this!! (Surely Lynch himself and at least Miguel Ferrer will be there)

14. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I'd say there is as much chance that David Bowie will be in it as there is that David Bowie and I will be having dinner tonight.

The Bowie cameo was one of the most criticized elements of Fire Walk With Me -- it didn't help that the scene was cut to ribbons. You can see how it was supposed to play out on the Blu-ray edition.

kevywevy likes this.
  15. For what it's worth, back in the old days Sherilyn Fenn hung out at the alt.whateveritwas.twinpeaks and she always insisted that Audrey was still alive. I have read a comment by Lynch (or maybe it was Frost) that they had planned out the third season but I've never heard either elaborate on what it would have been like.

16. zobalob

zobalob Senior Member

You wear a suit?

17. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Only when I investigate mysterious deaths.

zobalob likes this.
  18. zobalob

zobalob Senior Member

Ah, a modus operandi, good thinking.

19. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Cooper/Bob goes on a killing spree in Twin Peaks and the FBI asks Mulder and Scully to come back and investigate.

wavethatflag and Moth like this.
  20. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I hope Agent Denise returns to the show. She was hot.

Mr. H likes this.
  21. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Well there seems to be some speculation on this one... (albeit from a tabloid source). At this point, I would definitely prefer Moira Kelly, who I felt portrayed an innocent, wide-eyed teenager far better than Lara did in the original series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...perate-join-Showtime-s-Twin-Peaks-reboot.html

22. DreadPikathulhu

But I thought Cooper was hiding out in Portland as Mr. Mayor?

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

24. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Uh-oh. This isn't great to hear.

"During a sold out Q&A event and conversation with David Strattan at QPAC, the director and artist was asked whether “Twin Peaks was definitely happening.” David Lynch, breaking his self-imposed code of silence, responded: “I don’t know. There are complications.

The show’s co-creator and director added it’s not a funding issue, but a trusted source told Welcome to Twin Peaks that while the scripts are finished after nearly four years in the making, contract negotiations aren’t going as expected."

:yikes:

From here...

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/david-lynch-twin-peaks-complications/

25. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

Rumor has it some cast members are not happy with the money they are being offered (It's a large cast)

This should settle and then proceed.