Two Against Nature DVD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DanG, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street Thread Starter

I enjoyed this. Live, in what appears to be an intimate club. I listened to it in Dolby Digital 2.0; it is also in Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 on this disc. A mix of old favorites and tracks from Two Against Nature. Good band.

Track listing:

Green Earrings
    Cousin Dupree
    Bad Sneakers
    Janie Runaway
    Josie
    FM
    Gaslighting Abbie
    Black Friday
    Babylon Sisters
    Kid Charlemagne
    Jack of Speed
    Peg
    What a Shame About Me
    Pretzel Logic

2. jkerr

jkerr Senior Member

I really like this too. The DTS is a lot better than the Dolby. The only thing I do not like is the interruptions/interviews between songs. Would be much better if it the performance was continuous.

3. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

I agree. Why do music video directors feel the need to chop up concerts with interviews and audience chatter? Why not just show the concert and put this stuff on the end or as a suplimental feature? I have several discs that I never watch for this very reason. I do like this Steely Dan disc though. Haven't watched in a while so this thread will make me pull it out over the weekend.

4. snowman

snowman Forum Resident

Yes, I much prefer this to the 'Live in America'.

5. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street Thread Starter

jkerr posted:
    The only thing I do not like is the interruptions/interviews between songs. Would be much better if it the performance was continuous.

I watched it twice, the first time the whole way through. Two weeks later I viewed it again, and used the remote to jump from the end of a song to to the next section. Got just the music, worked fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.