DCC Archive Two great Sgt. Peppers--life is good for now

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sam, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam

Sam Senior Member Thread Starter

Ahhhh. I just finished two glasses of wine. Had one when I listened to my excellent newly acquired U.K original parlophone MONO pressing of Sgt. Peppers. VERY NICE!!

Had the other glass while I listened to my mint UHQR pressing of Sgt. Pepper. VERY NICE,TOO! It was like making love to two women at the same time----each different, but both lovely. CHEERS!

2. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

I hope you enjoyed the show.

3. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

.... and then, when the fireworks are all finished, you can listen to the run out groove endlessly..... chatter/chatter/nag/nag/nag.....
    All good things have a price says the bitter and twisted one ;) ;)

4. eBay Feed

eBay Feed Automated

Sam,

How much did the mono SGT PEPPER cost you??

Just curious...

Tony

5. Sam

Well, that's the best part! I got the mono original UK version---almost mint- condition--just faint surface noise in SOME spots--for only $30 US!!!! Yep, you read that right. Normally I have seen a copy in this condition go for well over $100 easy. I LOVE EBAY. You see, you have to know what to look for. Always look for someone who leaves out something in the title listing. In this case, the guy Listed it as "Mono UK parlophone Sgt. pe" That was the jist of the listing. He did not have room to spell out "pepper." Now most people will look for "mono pepper" not "pe". NO ONE SAW IT. Plus, he may have scared away some people with listing it in British Pounds instead of US dollars. He also mentioned in the text "normal wear and tear" on the cover. Bad choice of words. In no way was there wear and tear. I emailed him and asked for more details. He also failed to put a reserve on it. He was quite unhappy when it ended. He stated to me that this lp was supposed to sell for $90 or more. Right he was. So all you ebayers be careful. Sam is watching and waiting to take candy from a baby. :D

6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

You're lucky. I once saw a Yes Japanese HDCD Papersleeve sell for $4.99 when the usual price was well over $200.00. But the seller gladly took the negative feedback for the non delivery of the CD and relisted it.

That's a good trick, SAM - look for a poorly worded item! But don't tell anyone that secret, huh? ;)

7. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

I got my NM MoFi "White Album" LP for well below the going rate on eBay, and I put it down to the fact that the guy put "MSFL" in his heading instead of "MFSL." Now I search using both terms ...

I got a mono UK "Pepper" for even less on eBay -- $18 -- but it's only in VG condition. Still perfectly listenable and enjoyable, but ... I'm sure Sam's is nicer. Nice going!

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Jeff Partyka ]

8. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I got my UK mono Pepper for 12 UKP with the original inner sleeve, but no cutouts. I think I paid $20 for my US pressing.

Speaking of misspellings, I just missed Ty Tabor's rare OOP 1st solo CD on ebay. It was listed as "TyTabor" (no space), so most people missed it. I was going to snipe, then conveniently showed up 5 minutes after the auction ended and it had sold for $10.49. :mad:

9. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Well, now that I have all the DCC Creedence cds... I can tell one strategy:

search in cds for:

(gold, dcc) (creedance, creadence, creadance, creedence)

:D

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Holy Zoo ]

10. Sam

Right you are Jeff. I don't mind sharing some "tips." After all, these forum is small, close knit group. Yes, always search for MSFL. Most people list quickly and instead of MFSL they make that mistake and put the s before the f. Remember, this also works with UHQR. Just mix up the letters boys (and girls if we have any here)and you may find---well---a great find! Also seach mobile fidelity, orginal master recording,etc. Hey, can I toss in a pitch for my own sale going on right now. It's not cheap though. I "know" what the value is. Got a sealed mfsl cat stevens tea for the tillerman lp for sale on ebay. Now this is not for the bargin hunter. Even though I want to find bargins, I don't want to let mine go for a bargin---heh heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.