U2 Innocence and Experience Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squealy, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Beech, Groovy, LSP2003 and 6 others like this.
  2. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Forum Resident

Great article! Very curious about this tour. SOI is a great album and I can't wait to see how the songs translate live.

warewolf95 and JeffMo like this.
  3. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

4. brunofaetten

brunofaetten Forum Resident

I'm probably not going to see the tour for budgetary reasons, but that was a good read, and I find myself pretty excited for the next record. Thumbs down for Bono's new hair, though. C-. As always, hoping for another UTU2TM every week, but maybe they'll leave it until they've been to a show.

supernaut likes this.
  5. Panama Jack

I'm in the same boat, but U2 always releases a DVD after each tour, so I'm looking forward to that.

6. Squealy

I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised, to read they're not totally following through with the "two different shows" idea.

7. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

my favorite Bono quote from the article:

Now, Bono reflected: “I think Apple and we got a lot of the backlash that was headed to Big Tech for knowing too much about us. But in fact, Apple is not interested in every search you ever made — it’s only interested in your music, so it’s not fair to tar them with that brush. And as a person who’s been a lifelong member of Amnesty International, of all human-rights crimes I think that this kind of unwanted mail, if it’s at the top of your list or even halfway up it, your life is really fantastic.”​

He's still having a hard time with this, and Apple is "only interested in your music"...

kanakaris likes this.
  8. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Competing with Foo Fighters for the biggest tour of the year. They (U2) may win. Multiple nights in big cities but no smaller cities.
    No stadiums (that I noticed) but they are sold out already for much of it.
    Do you think that a lot of tickets will be on stubhub?

9. Squealy

Probably pointless to ask, and I realize it's in the article I posted, but... this is a thread about the tour, so can we leave debate about the free release out of it?

JoeRockhead, Tuco, warewolf95 and 3 others like this.
  10. Panama Jack

I think biggest tour of the year will almost certainly go to Garth Brooks, who's playing anywhere from 3-10 shows per city. But maybe you're thinking biggest rock tours...

11. Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard Forum Resident

Something tells me there will be a live album from this tour, if for no other reason than to give people another opportunity to hear what they might have missed on the freebie. I consider myself a U2 fan, but I've listened to Songs of Innocence one time.

Meyer likes this.
  12. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

I d0n't want to lack optimism here but have you seen Bono's broken arm? i know medicine is great nowadays but i can't see that old man touring all those dates.

13. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I was hoping to be in LA for one of the shows but **** happens :(

14. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I find it refreshingly honest to hear an artist admit that they want their music to heard by the maximum number of people. It's easy to say "I don't care if it sells one copy or one million copies", but that's generally disingenuous.

Sad to hear that Bono can't play the guitar, writing with a guitar player to play the chords you can't? That's got to be tough. It would be nice to think of an artist being able to write in a different way and exploring that to see what's at the end of that road. Being forced to change might lead to something unique.

Edited to add; eight shows at MSG? Wow!

warewolf95, JeffMo and Panama Jack like this.
  15. Smiths22

HAve you guys seen the new pics?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well he appears to be ok. Good.

Dbstay, Rigsby and NunoBento like this.
  16. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

If they find the fountain of youth, I'd advise Mr. Clayton to go first!!

warewolf95 likes this.
  17. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

It is almost a certainty that they will do a stadium tour of North America in 2016 around the release of the Songs of Experience album which should be released Late in the 4th quarter of this year or early Spring 2016 at the latest. The whole idea behind doing a rather limited bunch of shows in major markets in North America is to drive up demand for a later second run. The whole campaign is structured very similar to the ZooTv/Zooropa album/tour cycle of '91-'93.

U2 will have no trouble selling the last few remaining tickets to the US dates before show times.

Tuco and warewolf95 like this.
  18. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

He can't play the guitar and according to the article, he seems to have a long way to go before his arm and fingers return to any semblence of normality (if ever). I kind of hope they actually use this opportunity and likely need to openly use extra musicians on stage this time around instead of hiding them in "underworld" beneath or behind the stage as in previous tours.

LSP2003 likes this.
  19. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Agreed. I bought tix to two consecutive nights for that very reason. Bummer. Never trust a Bono

warewolf95 likes this.
  20. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

There was a link to an article, I expected to read about the tour and rehearsals, but there were several paragraphs about this issue in the article. It was Bono who didn't leave the issue out of it.

Sorry if I offended.

21. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

22. Smiths22

I know my point is he's not in pain...

23. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Thanks for posting that! I wish the band all the luck and wish I could see this tour but I'll have to live vicariously through others' reviews. I've seen them three times in the past, passed on the 360 degree tour due to not being a fan of stadium shows and I'm voting will my wallet on this one. I don't begrudge anyone spending their hard earned cash this way but for me, I had to draw the line somewhere. The cheapest seats in the lower bowl are over $200 with services fees and the average is more like $240 U.S. without service fees in my area. As I said, I will enjoy others' reviews as they catch shows so please post 'em here!

JeffMo likes this.
  24. Squealy

Will Bono ever get tired of making this face?

[​IMG]

jimhb, Django and BadJack like this.
  25. Squealy

Not offended, and I totally understand... I just wanted to keep it from going down that road.

gregorya likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.