U2 new album "Songs of Experience" coming December 1st, plus 2018 tour.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boozyuzi, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RicZ

RicZ Forum Resident

No luck here either.

2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

It will be interesting to see how many SoE songs make the setlist on upcoming tour.

3. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Yeah, I managed to score some GA tickets yesterday. Though they went fast. I believe seats are still available for many venues in this presale.
    BTW, a useful page with links to all the presale pages of the different concerts:
    U2 Retailer Presale

Giorgio likes this.
  4. Ron2112

Ron2112 Forum Resident

In the U.S., we went right to the Ticketmaster page for the show in question, and entered our "Verified Fan" code.

BUT.....pickings were pretty slim for both shows I tried to get tix for. It's an all-over ****ty system that hoses fan club members. Too many artificial limits that I don't understand. What would be the issue in filling an entire arena with fan club members? It's as if U2 is giving tacit approval to the secondary market system. Which, by the way, I'll probably use myself a day or two before the show when all the extra tix the scalpers are holding cause prices to go into freefall.

Giorgio and Spruce like this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I predict 6-8 a night. They tend to feature new albums pretty heavily...

JeffMo likes this.
  6. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

What happend? I remember something about a canceled show but that's it

7. Spruce

Spruce Forum Resident

Agree, that's exactly the way to do it. Scalp the scalpers. When I was young, and naive, I used to rush for tickets as soon as they were announced. Learnt from a pal many, many years ago that's not the way to go. Nowadays I will turn up on the day of the gig. Spend most of the day drinking/eating or whatever. Hit the venue around half an hour before the band(s) are due onstage. Always manage to get a ticket at a greatly reduced rate. Can't think of a single time this has failed. Somewhat ironically, the bigger the event the bigger the saving.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  8. DannyC

DannyC Forum Resident

Did this for U2 at Twickenham - despite it being advertised as a ticketless event I think they had dumped the idea at that point - touts by ST-15mins had a deluge of tkts to move on both good seats and GC. Same thing happened for the Rush R40 - In this case I had side tkts but changed to a pair of front of floor for hardly anything 15minutes before the early start Rush used.

I have to agree with the comments above - I suspect there isnt a major promoter/venue around who does not actually try to use the current system to there own benefit despite the press release shock shouting and useless schemes they pretend to come up with.

Spruce likes this.
  9. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

Now also my link works, and...WOW, the only chance I have for a pre-order is a ticket at 225 euro ($276)!!!
    Same by your link Popmartijn...

As usual, who has little in his pocket, is cut off from these benefits ... and the U2 business is not far behind....as in all other things in the world I would say :cry:

10. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

The third of the four shows in Stockholm got postponed, after the doors had already opened. It was a security incident/breach where someone was spotted with a handgun. When they couldn't locate this person quickly enough, after evacuating the building, a decision was made to bring the band in safety and postpone the show (to the day after the 2nd show, I believe). In the end it turned out that the armed person was an off-duty police officer who had forgotten to leave his weapon at home. But by then the damage had already been done.
    Anyway, with many U2 fans coming from other countries (or Swedish fans far from Stockholm), not able to adjust their travel plans, the rescheduled show had many tickets available from fans who had asked for a refund.
    U2 Postpones Stockholm Concert Due To 'Security Breach'

budwhite likes this.
  11. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I'd like that - in this case I prefer the deeper album cuts to the Pre release digital singles.

12. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

My guess is they will play most of the new album every night. And I think they will play 2-3 songs a night from Songs of Innocence. I think the piano version of Every Breaking Wave is a given, and then 1 or 2 others.

azjvm05 and JeffMo like this.
  13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

9-22-15 gig might have been their only ever non-sold out arena show ever. 1-2,000 fans decided to get refunds than deal with travel and no new fans took their place on 2 days notice.

14. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I believe there were a few non-sold out arena shows (or maybe even one) on the third leg of the Elevation Tour. But I don't think there ever was a non-sold out arena show in Europe.

15. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Denver 2015 had empties. Denver/Phoenix 2015 limped to relatively full audiences.

Denver got skipped in 2017 and 2018. Seems kinda petty if that really is the reason they are skipping Sweden/Norway/Finland 2 tours in a row.

16. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

Denver Broncos had a home game on Sunday September 17, 2017. Probably the reason it got skipped. Phoenix got skipped for the upcoming tour. Unless the band plans on a fall US tour, I think it'll be the first time being bypassed since the War Tour.

17. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

They also didn't play Phoenix last year, nor on the Vertigo and 360 Tours.

18. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

6-8 sounds right. They played 7 on the SOI show I saw.

Panama Jack likes this.
  19. Oatsdad

Nope - they played Glendale (Phoenix suburbs) on both the 2005 and 2009 tours. I know because I went to those shows! :)

azjvm05 likes this.
  20. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Ah, OK. My topography of the US isn't so good that I know every suburb of a large city. My bad. :)

21. Oatsdad

I figured - I'd be confused if I saw some suburb of Amsterdam listed, too! :D

In general, if you see a band like U2 plays some obscure-sounding US city, it's almost certain to be a suburb of a big city.

For years, the biggest DC-area arena was in Landover MD - and our football stadium is there now - so you might see Landover listed as the city, but that really means the band is playing DC!

22. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

I got two GA tickets for the first Dublin show in the pre-sale this morning.

azjvm05, pearle and Oatsdad like this.
  23. Oatsdad

I'm gonna bail on the Boston shows.

Anyone want my ticket for June 21? It's a nice loge level seat - I'll sell for face/fees! (About $130...)

24. Meyer

Meyer Heavy Metal Parking Lot Resident

Ugh. Plenty of bathroom breaks, I guess. Starting to regret the decision to see them in May (tickets were purchased before the album was released).

25. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

I feel like they're definitely trying to punish Denver for something. The city that gave them Under a Blood Red Sky and much of the Rattle and Hum footage has been skipped for two tours now.

Since Denver was skipped for the JT30 tour, I drove with some buddies to St. Louis... and THAT show was canceled due to security concerns just as we pulled into town! A 1700 mile round trip for nothing.

Between skipping Denver and the general ticket fiascos of late, I'm kind of done with trying to see U2 live for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.