U2 new album "Songs of Experience" coming December 1st, plus 2018 tour.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boozyuzi, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Zooropa... better by design

Mysterious Ways was with the one girl, then the bunch come during Elevation. The creepy dude is in indeed COBL, but that guy got to walk away with Bono's glasses and jacket...hell of a souvenier if you ask me.

2. htom

htom Senior Member

This article mentions the part I recall best. Pretty sure the first part of his speech wasn't as pointed.

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Thanks. I think some of the MacPhisto bits I heard at US shows seemed as - if not more - pointed! :)

4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

The Paris guests were all invited via email weeks before the show and are VERY well known amongst fans. One of them attended every 2017 show. I know of another fan who got the email but balked at the $2,000 it would cost to fly to Paris short notice before Christmas and find a hotel.

I've also been told by a long time crew member that no personally invited adult fan has made it onstage without passing a background check - possibly going as far back as Elevation. They have names from the fan club or ticketmaster and have crew members take fan photos for their files. Possibly part of the reason GA are non-transferable after being hard tickets for several tours.

Not as unusual as you think, Live Nation basically runs criminal records for anyone who buys meet and greet packages over $200 or so. Same contest winners who get face time. Any previous weapon/assault/stalking stuff is what gets flagged.

5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Interesting - it looked scripted actually and didn’t feel spontaneous at all.

6. Oatsdad

GA tickets are transferrable - and can be hard tickets. I had hard tickets for 4 of my 7 GA experiences this tour, and I only had non-physical tickets for the others by choice.

If GA couldn't be transferred, our pal Walrus wouldn't have gotten into the show! :D

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

NY state and Ireland only due to local ticket laws prohibiting CC only tickets?

8. Oatsdad

Confused - are you asking if only NY and Ireland tickets were transferrable/hard tickets or weren't?

All I know: I had hard GA tickets for MSG1, both Philly, Nashville, DC and Boston. I had print at home for Atlanta and "electronic" for Long Island.

I don't recall if I could've gone hard ticket for GA and LI and chose not to pay the extra fee...

9. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

There's more. This is the first live performance of this new tune.

LarsO likes this.
  10. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Here's a picture of all the individual city shirts (from u2songs.com twitter account)......................

[​IMG]

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  11. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

I like the St Louis one the best...:D

longdist01 and Oatsdad like this.
  12. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

13. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

And that song is doing surprisingly well as a remix, as it just hit #1 on the Billboard Dance Club Chart.
    U2 Earns First Dance Club Songs Leader Since 2001: 'To Be at No. 1 Is Huge'

LarsO likes this.
  14. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

I really love this song and Beck’s remix as well.

Kind of the first pop song that the whole family have embraced. Son (5) sings oh-oh-ohoh-oh-oh in the backseat and daughter (2) sings along. Our summer hit 2018.

15. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

When the album first came out I wasn’t really blown away by Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way but now it’s become one of my favourite U2 songs ever

longdist01 and Panama Jack like this.
  16. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Same here. My first impression was that this fits the end credits of a decent movie. Now it has got a replay quality to it.

longdist01 likes this.
  17. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

European leg about to begin. Anyone going?

18. Razzle123

Razzle123 Forum Resident

I'm going to see them in London in October. I wasn't going to bother when I saw the price of the tickets but managed to get some cheap tickets right at the back at the top of the O2. It will be a terrible view but for £35 rather than £190 I thought I'd chance it!

via_atx likes this.
  19. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Going to both Manchester shows - general admission.

via_atx likes this.
  20. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

1st show in Berlin of the Euro leg finished a few hours ago. As expected, U2 changed up several songs in the set from the NA leg, some for the better, some perhaps not. Overall, I think it's a marginally better set but it seems to continue to shrink in number of songs being played:

taped intro - Zooropa piano intro
    01 - The Blackout
    02 - Lights of Home
    03 - I Will Follow
    04 - Red Flag Day
    05 - Beautiful Day
    06 - The Ocean
    07 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
    08 - Cedarwood Road
    09 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
    10 - Until the End of the World / William Blake's Introduction to Songs of Experience (snippet)
    ---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
    11 - Elevation
    12 - Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
    13 - Even Better Than the Real Thing (2011 - 2015 Fish Out Of Water remix version)
    14 - Acrobat / Vertigo (snippet)
    15 - You're the Best Thing About Me (same crappy acoustic version)
    16 - Summer of Love (Bono and Edge acoustic w/pre-recorded vox and strings)
    17 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
    18 - Get Out of Your Own Way
    19 - New Year's Day (slightly different new arrangement)
    20 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
    ---------- Women of the World ----------
    21 - One
    22 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
    23 - 13 (There is a Light)

via_atx, Panama Jack and JeffMo like this.
  21. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Both Belfast shows plus Dublin 1 and 2. I am hoping to ger tickets for Dublin 3 and 4 as well.

via_atx likes this.
  22. Oatsdad

Really surprised "Love Is All We Have Left" got the boot. So now the show starts with the band hidden and no glimpse of Bono pre-"Blackout"?

I'm assuming they dropped the footage from Charlottesville, etc. that was used during "Staring at the Sun" - do you know if that's the case?

23. Partyslammer

Here’s how the show now starts:

Alfie Noakes, Oatsdad and jimhb like this.
  24. Partyslammer

Here’s the “new” New Years Day:

Alfie Noakes likes this.
  25. Partyslammer

Maybe that’s why no one has gotten onstage with the band this tour (to my knowledge).
    If they do pre-screen fans who get onstage, I seriously doubt they started doing this until at least the tail end of the Vertigo tour or more likely the 360 tour as I had no problem buying, trading and transferring GA tickets to see desired shows on the Elevation and Vertigo tours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.