U2 on MFSL

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SergioRZ, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winopener

winopener Forum Resident

Thanks for the peaks.
    Can't say for sure but it should be a MPO France. Surely not a Optimes. Sold in Italy doesn't mean "pressed" in Italy.

2. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

oops; my apologies. I thought you were referring to the regular early Italian release. I saw a couple old italian CD editions, and they were all Optimes. Hence my mistake

3. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Love and value them all in my collection.

Slight OT, but does anybody know when Achtung Baby will receive the remastering treatment? Assumed that to be next in line after the deluxe edition of The Joshua Tree.

4. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

There are strong signs that it'll be at the end of this year. It is its 20th (!) anniversary in November. And a couple of days ago U2 were spotted in Berlin, shooting some video.
    http://www.atu2.com/news/u2-shoot-video-in-berlin.html

5. winopener

winopener Forum Resident

First edition of Rattle and Hum was pressed in Italy by Pozzoli CD and the first batch was plagued by pinhole galore: had to return 4 or 5 disc before getting one that played from start to end.

6. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

It will be interesting to see how they handle the bonus material for this one. For the other reissues so far, all of the bonus stuff (b-sides, remixes, and a few unreleased tracks) easily fit on one CD. That would be impossible with Achtung Baby, between the numerous dance mixes and b-sides from that era, the infamous Axtung Beibi demos, etc. If they limit the audio extras to just one CD, they're going to have to pick and choose, rather than be comprehensive. That will also be true when it comes time to reissue Pop.

7. frank010

frank010 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they'll do something extra special (two bonus CDs of extras) for Achtung Baby, given the amount of material. I doubt we'll get all the remixes though.

8. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

One of my favorite singles during that era was for the Zooroopa song, "Stay, Faraway! So Close." because it had the Sinatra Duet, Slow Dancing, a killer live version of Bullet The Blue Sky and Love is Blindness and a crazy remix of a song. But yeah, I know, it's not an Achtung Baby song or single.

9. didswartovski

didswartovski New Member

i did a shootout between the MOFI, Remaster and the original vinyl just last night. Just last night. One thing I noticed was how bad the song One Tree Hill is on CD. It so muffled that it's almost unlistenable. I never noticed that before.

10. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Bumping this old thread...:hide:

Today I received a copy of the MFSL "The Unforgettable Fire" CD and looking at the booklet I noticed it's a regular four page fold open booklet; pages 2-3 are similar to the regular version; this is a pic I found online of pages 1 and 4

[​IMG]

What puzzles me is that pages 2-3 make no mention of UltradiscII, Gain System and the usual MoFi stuff. Is there something missing, like a small insert or has "The Unforgettable Fire" on MFSL always been this way? Thank you very much in advance :)

11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

marcel,

I just checked my MFSL "The Unforgettable Fire" CD and pages 2-3 of the insert do not have any mention of UltradiscII or MFSL. So I would say you are not missing anything. Pages 1-4 look just like picture you posted.

Bill

12. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Bill,

Thanks so much for double checking and for your reply! Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Not that I had too much to complain for a stone mint copy that cost me $33 shipped. Still, I am glad to know everything's there:)

Again, thank you for your kindness

Marcello

13. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Marcello,

My pleasure :). You got an excellent CD at a very good price! I haven't played any of the U2 MFSL Gold CDs in awhile. I think I'll give them a spin tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder :).

Bill

PH416156 likes this.
  14. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

15. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

16. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

It's certainly possible it is a too good to be true price. I definitely considered that. But I also feel like a bigger seller would honor a return if it was pointed that they were misrepresenting their products.

I have screenshots of them advertising it as "Record Label: Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab" just in case :)

17. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

UPDATE

Seller's message:

"I am very sorry to hear that we sent the wrong item! We certainly do not want you to have to pay for an item that you did not receive, so I have gone ahead and submitted a refund for this item, including shipping. Please allow 2-10 business days for this to be reflected on your method of payment, dependent upon the timing of your financial institution's credit sweeps. Please keep the wrong product on us; please don't worry about returning it to us. This appears to be a data error on the eBay website; the product that you received is what came through our system, not the product that you ordered. You are more than welcome to check our direct website at http://www.goHastings.com/ to see if we have the item you are looking for. I would avoid goHastings as the seller on eBay for this item until we can get it removed from the site by our IT department. If you need anything further please don't hesitate to contact us. We hope we will be able to serve you again soon"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.