U2's 'Achtung Baby' - Happy 25th anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

God Part 2 sounds like AB to me.

ponkine likes this.
  2. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

You and me both. I was off of U2 at that time since 1991-1993 is when I got my real introduction to classic rock, so I was knee deep in more 70s albums that you could shake a stick at those years, and since I wasn't wild on Mysterious Ways when I heard it, I never bothered checking out all of Achtung Baby until around 1995-1996. It is now my favorite U2 record and one of my all-time favorite albums by anyone. And I like Mysterious Ways now. :)

Every I watch my Zoo TV live DVD, I am wowed by how great it is, and then I kick myself for not going to see them on that tour.

Maurice and laf848 like this.
  3. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

I saw them on the Zoo TV tour, once in Kiel, Germany and twice at Wembley; they are still to this day, after a hundred plus other gigs, my favourite and most memorable concerts.

I saw them first in Kiel and the whole experience blew my mind :eek: I'd never been to a concert before with wall to ceiling projection screens the full width of the stadium playing all sorts of visuals, image and clips, There were cars hanging from the ceilings lighting the stage, live satellite calls to the famous and powerful, hell there was even a belly dancer, quite an eye opener for a country bumpkin from rural England :laugh:

I came out of that concert electrified knowing I’d had glimpse of what the future held :righton:

4. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member Thread Starter

I've always found Bryan Adams 'Heaven' video as an inspiration to Zoo TV

5. GyroSE

GyroSE Forum Resident

I had a similar experience- I saw them twice on the Zoo TV Tour and I remember the whole thing was really stunning. But my favourite concert with U2 was (and still is) when I saw them during the PopMart Tour in 1997 in Gothenburg- a really jaw- dropping experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.