Under The Dome (tv series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Wind in the dome is the least of this series problems.

2. Dance Mxyzptlk

Dance Mxyzptlk Forum Resident

I’ve never been trapped inside an impenetrable dome, so for those who say some things in the show are not possible, I’ll just take your word for it.:)

kevintomb and agentalbert like this.
  3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

The lady cop is particularly bad. Can't believe she was the best they could cast for that part.

Dave likes this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

She's the worst, no question. And that's a surprise, because usually when you have kids as major players (as you do here), they take those honors...

5. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

She must be related to someone involved with the show.

6. Except for the guy playing Junior. He has a very limited...acting range.

7. DreadPikathulhu

I was thinking that they should have cast Ana Lucia from "Lost" in the role. At least she'd add some life to the show.

8. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Just caught up with the latest episode. Well all hell has certainly broken loose inside the Dome. And the lady cop is so well equipped to deal with it. :)
    One thing I noticed is no one could say there was a murder in the diner. Yeah she's gone but she was also brutally murdered. The girl who plays the "kidnapped" girl is especially weak in acting.
    But at least there was a lot of life in this episode.

9. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

I never noticed the hair or clothes blowing, just the trees in the background.

10. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

There probably could be wind in the dome, but if there is they better change the major catastrophe that happens in the book.

11. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

I watch this on Amazon Prime. Each episode is 41 minutes long...19 minutes of commercials and promos? :(

12. DreadPikathulhu

Exactly why I don't watch cable TV anymore.

13. JohnG

Things are picking up under that dome. Last nights episode was pretty good with lots of action. My favorite scene was Barbie waking up next to the very hot redhead....now that would be a treat. :)

And thank god for that clinic.....everyone seems to need to go there. Surprising they don't have a doctor character.

14. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

Yeah it's getting hard. I think they have reached the tipping point as to how many adverts they can put in. Now we have the popups ala the internet. ugh :(

15. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

I disagree. I think he is being told to intentionally play the part that way. He has deep mental issues, and they do not want him to appear thoughful, funny or cool in any way.

That is the job of the director and the writing of the script. An actor can not take something that is forged in stone and simply act any way they want and create new lines. He is doing what he is being "Directed" to do.

You know....."Stare more", "dont smile", directors tell the actors what expressions to make, how to move or not move, how to deliver their lines.

16. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

So you are saying, you caught this huge easily seen mistake, and not one person doing the production on the show was able to realize?

I think it was quite intentional also. Looking for problems is not the same as trying to create problems with a TV show.

No its not perfect, but I think in general most of what they do IS INTENTIONAL, or for a reason, not yet given. The dome is doing this stuff, it is not normal weather.

You are nit picking things, that you disagree with, but could most likely be intentional or decided by the production crew as how they want it to turn out for various reasons.

Im pretty sure with todays TV and movie effects and so on, it would be quite easy to make all of them wet. Spray water on them from overhead, but they chose not to, and to make it obvious.

17. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

So, any thoughts about the mini-dome and the Little Black Egg?

18. JohnG

Well I guess it's a alien life form that landed and created the larger dome to protect itself and create a viable environment for itself?

19. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

It appears that the dome is controlling to some extent the people in the dome. This is not how it played in the book. Now all they need to do is figure out how to get into the little dome and apply it to the bigger dome:) The egg in the little dome is the first change from the book I have enjoyed.

P.S. I am glad I don't owe that guy the cd of his choice. Thanks for stepping up Barbie.

20. JohnG

Interesting dynamic between Big Jim and the tough farmer who controls the water.

LEONPROFF and kevintomb like this.
  21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

"That guy" was me, and yeah, I'm bummed I don't get that free CD now... :p

LEONPROFF likes this.
  22. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

23. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

While this show is getting better (and I'm getting over the changes from the book). I have no interest in watching old episodes ever again.

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I keep watching, even though I keep thinking I should find something better to do with my time...

To those who are watching and who have also read the book: Is all this apparition stuff around the egg in the book? How about "monarch will be crowned"? And is the relationship between Big Jim and Junior following course?

rburly likes this.
  25. JohnG

Amazing that half of the men in the town were involved in the shooting at the farm. Guess they have a funeral home in town etc.

rburly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.