Under The Dome (tv series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

It may not be perfect, but I enjoy watching it. In fact, oddly enough, I can't wait for monday to roll around cause I know it will be on.

It is captivating in some ways. At first I thought it started off very mediocre and would keep getting worse. I think the opposite has happened. Im entranced with the story, perfect or not.

I have not seen ONE tv show that has ever been perfect. It is entertaining.

Vidiot likes this.
  2. Dance Mxyzptlk

Dance Mxyzptlk Forum Resident

“The Monarch Will be Crowned“

mothra-9.jpg

mrjinks and LEONPROFF like this.
  3. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

[​IMG]

Vidiot likes this.
  4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That was the first thing I said: "I wonder if this will include 'Doctor Mrs. The Monarch'?"

5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I missed the last couple episodes and realized I have no desire to go back and catch up.

rburly likes this.
  6. pillboy

pillboy Active Member

I'm still watching as I find the deviations from the book captivating. I should have started counting from the beginning, but there are way to many to keep track of.

7. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

Has there been any contact with the outside world or even sightings of people since the missle exploded against the dome? You'd think there would be some sort of cleanup going on at least.

8. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

There is about 10 with the radio station alone.

9. agentalbert

What does that mean? 10 what?

I like the new character played by Natalie Zea. Nice to see someone new pop up and start throwing a monkey wrench in things.

10. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Looks like she has Barbie's and Big Jim's balls in a vice!

11. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

10 deviations with the radio station, book to show deviations.
    It was a religious station.
    The dj was high
    the drugs were manufactured in a shed by the station.
    The didn't use the station to hear from outside the dome (cell phones worked as long as the government allowed the to).
    There was only one person that worked at the station
    Well that's only 5 that I can come up with off the top of my head.

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

she has been there for 8 days "watching" and no one noticed her or saw her.

gotta love this show.

Dance Mxyzptlk and Vidiot like this.
  13. agentalbert

Yeah, that did seem a stretch. Readers - does this character exist in the book and did she also just hide out for a week before making herself known?

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

So the kids put their hands on the egg dome and feel like it's a lock and key, and also, based on the fact that they happened to situate themselves appropriately, assert (probably correctly) that one more will be needed to open the lock.

Steven Spielberg production? Check.

Why do I expect Cyndi Lauper to start singing The Goonies R Good Enough any time now?

Oh, and for a not great actress, Natalie Zea is sure getting a lot of work. She is now a recurrent character is three shows on three different networks: Justified, The Following, and Under the Dome.

rburly likes this.
  15. I loved the bit how Joe walked 'zombie-like' in to the forest to pick up the mini-dome and bring it to the barn. How I wish they actually filmed this sequence instead of merely telling it - it would have been hilarious!

16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

"under the dome" has to the worst show that my wife and i ever religiously watched. i think that if this were a fall/winter show we would have quit after about 3 episodes, but being summer......oh well.

like it or hate, everyone here has to be truthful and admit just how horrible this really is. especially the writing.

17. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Yeah, but it's not like the book was any great shakes, either :laugh: And the series has deviated greatly from the novel...still, it passes the time, and we too seem to base our Monday evenings around the show, but I don't think we'll ever see Under The Dome in a list of '25 greatest TV series' or anything, no...

18. agentalbert

I think she's a good actress. I liked her on the short lived Dirty, Sexy Money (awful show title, though) and she was a great crazy girlfriend type on Californication.

19. No, she wasn't in the book at all and Barbie and Big Jim had no connection to each other. Note to the creators of the show - kill the boy's character, he can't act AT ALL. Am I the only one that noticed that the girl whose mother had just died seemed very happy and normal in one scene and then went back to grieving her mother in the next? They must have shuffled scenes around while paying no attention to continuity. Despite all my bitching, I'm being entertained by this show. Not sure I'll keep watching in the fall when there will be better things on, though.

Vidiot likes this.
  20. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

Did anybody catch the yellow Spin Clean record Washer sitting in the radio station control room
    in last night's episode ? (August 19th episode)

A little product placement for the forum members, perhaps?

21. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It is. I watch it for the laughs I get from the horribleness of the show at this point. I'm usually winding down between 10-11, so the laughs I get from watching all the kids flopping on the ground make it worth my while. :laugh:

ohnothimagen likes this.
  22. Dance Mxyzptlk

Dance Mxyzptlk Forum Resident

A curvaceous woman with a wet shirt that dries instantly is a continuity error that shows up in a lot of movies and TV shows.

I was on the road back when the only TV late at night was usually independent channels showing bottom of the barrel movies. I acquired a taste for this sort of thing and am thoroughly enjoying this show. :)

23. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

re-watch "As Good As It Gets", in that film you have Helen Hunt in a wet t-shirt where she is obviously not wearing a bra, but in every cutaway scene where you see her from the back you can see bra straps. Never seen a disappearing/reappearing bra before.

Dance Mxyzptlk likes this.
  24. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I just found this thread. I really been enjoying this show myself.

25. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Have they had a town meeting yet where every person who lives under the dome shows up or is Chester Mills really that big?

You'd think with what's happened (and the ever decreasing food supply), they'd have to all get on board to some sort of community plan (like say LOST).

Also where is the army now? They pulled away when they decided to fire a missile but have they returned. You'd think there would be tons of gawkers outside the dome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.