Under The Dome (tv series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Wait until toilet paper is in short supply or out completely. Then the **** will really start to fly. :winkgrin:

2. I've thought Rebecca and Big Jim were going to pair up. They both share a willingness to commit mass murder.:laugh:

3. I've got a feeling the goal is to get the show happening in real time, a la Fox's 24, as every moment under the dome needs to be recorded for posterity.

4. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

You would think the writers would come up with a couple of throwaway lines to account for the kid playing Joe, to briefly explain why the kid has hit puberty and has gotten bigger in just 2 weeks. (Anyone): "Joe, you look like you're grown 2 years in just 2 weeks" Joe: "Yeah, I noticed that too, it must be "The Dome". Dumb and simple! :)

5. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Then they'll have to come up with another explanation for his beard next year...

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm hoping next year, they'll change the name of the show to Dome and Domer! Maybe Jim Carrey will make a guest appearance...

7. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I was talking shows with my mom ( both looking forward to Legends) and this show came up. She said she stopped watching it a while ago. When she stops watching a show, it's really bad. She got a kick out of the fact that people "hate watch" it. I had to explain that one to her.

LEONPROFF likes this.
  8. I've prepared a treatment for a spin-off series, Domefighter.:biglaugh:Barbie and Julia go around the globe, squaring off against new Domes that have been popping up all over the world. CBS can contact my people at CAA.

9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I can't find a single, serious review of this show. It seems that everyone it hate-watching it. Maybe CBS has stuck summer gold; come up with a show so awful that people can't help but watch it so they can talk about how much they hate it.

cwsiggy and rockclassics like this.
  10. rjp

rjp Senior Member

dome night tonight!

barbie descends into the tunnels...........

11. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Morlocks! Dinosaurs! The Gates of Hell!

Scott222C and Vidiot like this.
  12. balzac

balzac Senior Member

You all don't understand. You see, the dome *came out of nowhere* and *changed their lives forever*!

That, and "Yearbooks don't lie" have to be two of my favorites.

The Barbie dude actually wasn't bad on "Bates Motel." He kind of played the same, vaguely nice bland guy, which was a decent fakeout for what he actually ended up doing on that show.

If it turns out that Barbie has slaves and chopped up dead people hidden somewhere, that would make the show more interesting.

Oh wait, he actually did kill his girlfriend's husband.

That was actually my favorite bit in the series so far. I don't remember the actual line, but after she finds out Barbie killed her husband, she ultimately forgives him and seriously says something not to far off from "okay, but no more killing my husbands, okay?"

LEONPROFF likes this.
  13. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

OMG you just caused a revelation. SPOILER ALERT.
    I now know how the dome is going to end. It is an Alien board game. It is one of those weird little domes with the dice in it. Except the people are the dice.

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

you left out the rest of her line, which was "now let's have sex"

15. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

16. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

A drone in the dome. :laugh:

17. New revelation - local teen idiot Joe was president of the school's robotics club. And they 'made' stuff. Which apparently meant purchasing a Microsoft tablet and unboxing a drone.

amoergosum and Vidiot like this.
  18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Lotttttta built-in Microsoft commercials in this show.

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Update: just watched Monday night's episode, and it's a whole new level of dumb. They're so far away from the Stephen King novel, it might as well have been written by somebody else. Time travel? Interdimensional gaps? Absolute insanity.

misterdecibel and RDriftwood like this.
  20. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

>>>
    Executive producer Neal Baer:

"Baer says that he has at least three to five seasons’ worth of story material for Under the Dome."

"We’ve set it up so we can keep going and we have a lot of stories left to tell,” he said, noting that the caverns the audience was shown in the clip lead to many story possibilities."

21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

how about this:

now barbie, the killer and dwight yoakum will fighting to back INTO the dome!

and who will the redhead hook-up with while barbie is gone........how about the science teacher...hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

22. RDriftwood

RDriftwood Vintage Member

As Barbie descends into the total darkness of the cavern the "science teacher" asks, "Do you see any vegetation?"

DUH!

LEONPROFF and Shawn like this.
  23. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

I'm falling in love with the stilted, 1 dimensional writing. I honestly feel like 7th graders that read old '60s Superman comic books are writing the dialogue for this show. This show is dumber that 'Revolution' ever was, maybe dumber that the "V" reboot. I guess I love watching TV 'train-wrecks' for the cheap 42 minute thrills :)

misterdecibel likes this.
  24. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

I've been half watching this for the last 3-4 episodes, losing interest. I don't mind the dumb stuff, stuff that doesn't make sense. It's basic summer tv, I don't have high expectations, just entertain me for an hour and I'm good to go. I felt like they were kind of going in circles with what was happening with the town...a new villain every week or so, some new character introduced just to further a plot point and then off they go. As this went on I paid less and less attention while the tv was on.

That said, I thought last night's twist with the portal was a fairly cool idea. I'm interested in seeing how this angle proceeds.

25. Barbie's dad is surely behind the dome. I loved how world governments couldn't figure out how to get in the Dome, but Barbie trusts his father's friends have a way in for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.