Under The Dome (tv series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Sad that Hank probably made more $$ off this crap than the all time classic Breaking Bad.

2. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

I'll help the number cause.

Haven't watched it since the first season but have dropped by this thread occasionally. Remember, for those of you who watch because it's the only thing on...or because it's summer...or whatever; it's been an extra hour of music listening for me. Kind of like DST in a bizarro world.

3. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

I stopped watching a couple of episode ago. I couldn't take it anymore.

4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Of course not. Big Jim flip-flopping between good and evil is one of the central themes of the show. This show could no more continue to exist without Big Jim than "The Bob Newhart Show" without Bob. If they started killing off main characters, Barbie and Big Jim would be the last men standing.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, I didn't watch season 2 (except the first episode, which didn't excite me enough to come back to the table), but since Dean Norris has suggested that if season 3 comes to pass Brian Cranston will appear as his arch nemesis, maybe I'll tune back in if it makes it.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Bryan Cranston said he actually wasn't paid that much on Breaking Bad, but the roles that came after that made him very comfortable. He's constantly said that the budgets on cable TV shows are just not that high, and you have to know that going into them.

I don't doubt that Dean Norris is making more money on this CBS show than he did for AMC. The AMC people are really, really cheap, especially with actors.

7. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

The way it ended Monday, sure looks like it is coming back for another season. Sad Junior wasn't a better shot. If anyone deserves to die, Big Jim sure as hell does.

8. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Thus endeth the Dome, to be replaced by another CBS suspension-of-disbelief stretcher-"Scorpion" (if the pilot is any indication).

LEONPROFF likes this.
  9. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Under The Dome has been renewed for season 3. Let the derisive laughter commence....

10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Another summer of hate-watching, I can hardly wait!

12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Somebody must have gotten paid off to renew this show. Or CBS is just really, really desperate at this point.

13. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

"The pricey series, from Amblin TV, are both off-set by an in-season second window on Amazon and rich international deals that make Dome and Extant profitable even before they air. "

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/under-dome-extant-renewed-at-724677?

14. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

15. DreadPikathulhu

16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

We're still watching, but I can't figure out why. I feel so dirty...

So, in celebration of a successful renewal for season 3, a short list of observations:

1) Big Jim has murdered 11,246 people -- in the span of "a couple" weeks. No one suspects...
    2) Joe McAlister has grown 3 inches, and his voice has deepened significantly -- in the span of "a couple" weeks. Can't wait to see the 25-year-old version in season 3!
    3) Pauline's painterly talent was never more apparent than on her "My Time Of Dying" self-portrait. Surely the beginning of a new period in art history.
    4) Science Gal's amazing brain was NOT significantly more impervious to hammers than the rest of the townsfolk.
    5) Monarch butterflies are really, really strong when it comes to mining.
    6) Kids whose parents are killed in front of their eyes by lightning take a licking and keep on ticking.
    7) Lyle is a better actor than Junior. Just let that sink in.
    8) When leading numerous townspeople into a series of tunnels you've never seen, be sure to guide them down a route the guide hasn't even explored.
    9) After dying twice, Melanie's still pretty hot.
    10) Stephen King makes me sad.

rjp, Vidiot and nosticker like this.
  17. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

It started in the deepest valley and you still might be correct. I quit but forgot to stop recording it. Then I noticed Yoakam was on it. I sometimes fast forward through Big Jim stuff.

18. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

You mean Dwight? He is amazing in Sling Blade! Does Stephen have much to do with this? The book is way better and way different.

19. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'm just saying his Lyle character is weak - not his best acting work to be sure. The actors' portrayal of both Lyle and Junior are dismal. Anyway, the list is simply for fun.

LEONPROFF likes this.
  20. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Dean Norris on "Better Call Saul": You know, I’m such a big fan of "Breaking Bad." So, I thought it was the perfect show and I thought it ended perfectly and to just kind of mess with that in any way, what’s the upside? You have to make another perfect show, you know?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/09/breaking-bad-star-spinoff_n_5961390.html

I take it he hasn't watched any of Under The Dome yet? Am I missing something? It's not like Dome has anything to do with BB, but for him to be concerned about the potential quality of the Saul show, which hasn't even aired yet, makes me think he hasn't watched Dome--or seen it morph into its own self-contained MST3K. It's like trying to tell your buddy that the girl he's dating is bad news, but he doesn't want to hear it.

Dan

Shawn and jriems like this.
  21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Beauty. :righton:

nosticker likes this.
  22. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Ok...wet hair on the other side....guess they're all going swimming with the new episode.

23. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

OK I'm officially saying that the term "hate-watching" has jumped the shark. If you hate the show, DON'T WATCH. Thank you.
    And "jumped the shark" has also jumped the shark.

24. DreadPikathulhu

This post has jumped the shark.

25. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

I hate watching people jump sharks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.