Under The Dome (tv series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I relish every moment of it's pure, unadulterated awfulness. I actually look forward to "Under The Dome". I can't make it through five minutes of "Extant".

PhantomStranger and D-rock like this.
  2. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

It's baaaaaaaack.....tonight at 9 ET / 8 CT

D-rock likes this.
  3. misterdecibel

This, then changing to NBC at 10/9 for "Hannibal" is going from ridiculous to sublime.

4. rockclassics

Let the hatin begin...... :D

5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Can't wait for the recap.

6. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

2 hours of don't blink TV. They must be in cahoots with Once Upon A Time with their current/alternate world.....present/future scenes.

rockclassics likes this.
  7. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

The only reason I didn't blink during last night's season premier is that I fell asleep 10 minutes in.

Oh, also, Tommyknockers.

That is all.

8. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

The fact that "Hannibal" just got canceled and "Under The Dome" is apparently immortal more than covers the "ridiculous" for me....

misterdecibel likes this.
  9. rockclassics

That is exactly what I said to my wife while watching it.

For me last nights episode was one big WTF. I said this several times throughout the show. I even asked my wife a couple of times if she knew what the **** was going on and she was lost too. She just said "just go with it. Don't try to figure it out."

10. misterdecibel

So, show of hands, who watched the second hour of this instead of switching over to "Hannibal"? And if so, why?

Not me, I bailed without hesitation.

11. rockclassics

:wave: I have never watched Hannibal so no real incentive to switch. I actually wanted to see how bad Under the Dome would be this season.

12. Slowhead

Slowhead Forum Resident

I shook my head when Big Jim shot Junior at close range, which only slowed him down a few seconds and left a small blood spot on his shirt.
    After that, I kind of lost interest and replied to a few e-mails while the show was on.

13. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

I bailed on the show during season 2...can't believe people are still interested in a third season.

14. rockclassics

"Hate watchers"

nosticker likes this.
  15. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

16. It was a rousing start to the season. More butterflies and more Barbie but turning Melanie into the show's villain may be a mistake.

17. The fact that anything gets cancelled over this is mind-numbing.

LEONPROFF and rjp like this.
  18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

hard to believe, but "under the dome" has actually gotten worse.

who writes this crap?

are they dead?

aren't they dead?

is it real?

and how about the redhead falling off of an aluminum ladder and it doesn't tip over and she pulls herself back up on it and it doesn't tip over. how on earth did not tip over?

and the little kid.....joe....he has grown 2 feet since this show started.

i'll keep watching as i am a .........hate-watcher!

19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

seriously, 'battle creek" lasted half a season......."stalker" got chopped up over the course of a season and it seems that no one knows if it is coming back or not. and this garbage stays on the air......for 3 figgin years!

20. rockclassics

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

One thing I particularly disliked is that Stephen King went out of his way to set up an unconventional romance: in the novel, Barbie is an angry Iraq war veteran who's been reduced to being a fry cook at a sleazy diner, roughly 27-28 years old, and Angie, the red-headed newspaper editor, is an older woman about 50. Because they're among the few who can stand up to Big Jim, they get thrown together... and an unexpected romance blossoms. All of this was heavily diluted by the show, which made Barbie a much better-looking, happening guy -- not at all the haunted, depressed PTSD vet of the story -- and his love interest is now somewhat hot and about 30 years old.

I think when you start drastically altering story and character elements like this, it changes the whole nature to the point of the show to where it has very little resemblance to the novel on which it was based. It seems pointless to me to do a show like this when it's such a drastic revision. It'd be like doing The Shining, only we set it in downtown Miami in 1967 with an all-Cuban cast. I mean, come on... :sigh:

kozy814 and kevywevy like this.
  22. misterdecibel

SSSSHHHHhhhh! You're going to give them ideas.

23. dberthia

dberthia Curmudgeon, Skeptic

If you haven't already, check out Tim Surette's reviews at tv.com. His review of the S3 opener is here:
    http://www.tv.com/shows/under-the-d...n-but-im-not-review-143527653870/?fullstory=1
    :D

brettster808 and Vidiot like this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Thanks for that, dberthia!

"Are we even sure they showed the right episode? Was this a time-traveling episode from Season 13 that came from the future? There isn't a living human being who can properly explain what happened in these two hours, especially Stephen King, and anyone who claims they can is obviously a witch. If the creators of this show aren't in straitjackets by the time Episode 4 of this season airs then we need to call the police or just throw our hands in the air and jump off a cliff. You want to know how batsh!t insane this episode was? I don't even know if there's still a dome!"

25. Too bad. I'm enjoying it. Best thing on TV? Not by a long shot! Worst thing on TV? Not by a long shot! But I don't watch that much new TV and this one I am watching. Although I must say, I'm disappointed Big Jim (Dean Norris, Breaking Bad) is still alive. If he's not gonna die, I hope they find out just how bad he is and lynch him!

[edit] Also, I followed that episode with no problem. It was one of those "Made more sense as it went along" episodes and I can see how people would be confused by it. As far as the plot goes, every scene without Melanie, Julia or Jim was a fantasy that even Junior got caught in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.