Under The Dome (tv series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

2. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Darn. I was hoping for a proper ending like Falling Skies. ;)

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

thank god.....is anyone still watching the worst show in the history of television?

in 10 years it wil have a cult following, instead of trekkies, we'll have domies.

bababooey and D-rock like this.
  4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I can finally restart my paint-huffing habit and catch up on the last two seasons knowing that it will end.

5. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

I couldn't bring myself to start season 3.

6. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I was unable to even hate-watch Season 3, I lost interest minutes into the first episode.

rockclassics and Shawn like this.
  7. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I watched from the first episode. This is FINALLY being brought to a merciful end. Hopefully, they'll tie in all the loose ends and not let things hanging like other shows LOVE to do with their final episodes.

8. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

With Under The Dome, Falling Skies and The Following being cancelled it looks like Heroes Reborn will once again claim it's crown of the stupid and absurd.

Deesky and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  9. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I am going to miss beating up this show. No more singing the "Two and a Half Men" theme song, replacing the lyrics with "Dome, dome, dome, dome, domey-dome, whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo...."

Big Jim shooting everything in sight.
    Julia's salon-perfect hair.
    Quality actors from formerly-great TV shows inexplicably showing up to add to the muck (Helgenberger, Whaley, La Salle).
    Holes in the plot big enough to drive a Starship through.

Where else can I find a show quite like Dome?

Dan

audiomixer and BlueGangsta like this.
  10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Wait till Minority Report comes along...

11. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

12. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

I kinda enjoyed up to these last couple of episodes. I like it better than Extant that's for sure.

Tom in Houston and D-rock like this.
  13. Kitlope

Kitlope Forum Resident

Oh man, what am I going to do? As I've never even seen 5 minutes of this show, I'm going to miss this thread!

14. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I'm Glad they are ending it , i don't think they can stretch another season out of this mess :)

audiomixer likes this.
  15. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

'Bout freakin' time! :righton:

Actually I shouldn't say that...my wife and I watched this thing from the beginning. Pure car crash television, sure, but it'll be interesting to see how the hell they plan on wrapping the story up.

D-rock likes this.
  16. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

If production was wrapped up months before the cancellation was announced, they may not have an ending apart from the usual season-ending cliffhanger.

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Even if they did a wrap-up episode, I almost guarantee you it wouldn't have made any sense. The book's ending just pissed me off -- I think King took about 1/3 of a page to explain where the Dome came from, why it was there, and who put it there. Basically, the whole story was just his version of Lord of the Flies: it's about the nutty people in the town, not about the Dome at all.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    D-rock likes this.
  18. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

The tag at the end of the episode says it is the series finale. "The Episode Fans Have Been Waiting For". Yeah.....OK. Another ending to a show with too many loose ends to count.

Lets face it, creators/writers have disappointed fans with many shows.....long running ones, with ridiculous endings....

19. RDriftwood

RDriftwood Vintage Member

[​IMG]

or is it?!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  20. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

Just finished watching the final episode.

I was under the impression that a complete ending was written, when this was clearly intended to be just the season finale. The writing was actually a lot better in this episode compared to the rest of the season.

I'd watch more if it hadn't been cancelled. We can all have a guilty pleasure, right?

D-rock likes this.
  21. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Why do people get so much joy out of destroying something that they themselves don't even have to participate in?

If you don't like the show, don't watch it. Bluegangsta and myself enjoyed the show. A lot of people made their
    living working on the show.

Can't you find a show that you like? :)

D-rock and BlueGangsta like this.
  22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's also true with many other horrible shows. Technically, the lighting, sets, costume design, sound, cinematography, editing, and color were all fine. I also think the actors did the best they could with awful material. But the writing is just about the worst I've seen on any TV series in the last 10-15 years... stunningly awful.

The final episode also killed off a major character who was integral to the original ending of the book. I haven't watched the final episode yet -- I'll need to gird my loins for that -- but I think Variety's review today summed it up pretty well:

Ultimately, “Under the Dome” would have been much better off, in hindsight, if it had built toward and delivered a genuine ending in its first year, following the limited-series format that has been adopted elsewhere. That certainly would have allowed for a more direct adaptation of King’s lengthy novel.

CBS deserves some credit for having kept the lights on in the summer with its serialized dramas, although “Extant” (another Steven Spielberg-anointed sci-fi project) and “Zoo” haven’t exactly adorned themselves in creative honor either. Whether that means simply tinkering with the formula or a more dramatic overhaul, one thing seems as clear as the Dome itself: It was time to officially turn out the lights on this dimming “Dome,” which really was a bad egg.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/columns/...nale-review-spoilers-stephen-king-1201590060/

Larry Mc likes this.
  23. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

What can I say? I thought the TV show offered up a better ending than the book did...

D-rock likes this.
  24. dberthia

dberthia Curmudgeon, Skeptic

25. Slowhead

Slowhead Forum Resident

The last episode was decent.
    They left the barn door wide open if they want to bring the series back to life.

Tom in Houston likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.