unreleased Steve Hoffman mastered albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by floyd, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd

floyd Senior Member Thread Starter

It seems I've heard about a finished Doors "Soft Parade" and even an "Eagles Greatest Hits II" and most of us know about the 10cc album that didnt get released all from DCC. Steve, are there any others that you have finished mastering but never got released?

I dont remember this being discussed before.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Plenty, but why dwell on it? :( :)

3. floyd

floyd Senior Member Thread Starter

I understand. thanks

4. Steve Hoffman

Floyd, I'm half kidding. I know people here have a list of the stuff that I mastered that stayed in the can. Maybe they can help. I can't think of them all at the moment but "Elton John's Greatest Hits Volume II" and stuff like that are on there. "Stranger In Town" Bob Seger, etc.

5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Steve,

Did you get a chance to do any more of the Metallica albums? I know DCC had promised more titles from them before the end.

6. Steve Hoffman

Never actually mastered any more, no. :(

7. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

I am DYING to hear your version of Van Halen's 1984. I remember emailing DCC after loving VH1 and the person replied that it was on deck. The person also said that the band liked what you did and wanted you to do the rest.

I wouldn't mind hearing Iron Maiden "Number of the Beast" or ZZ Top either....

8. danstone

danstone Senior Member

Wasn't the remastering work on Metallica's Black album completed?

I thought I recall reading here that it was in the can and ready to go but never ended up getting released before DCC faded from view.

9. Steve Hoffman

Begun, but not finished....

10. danstone

danstone Senior Member

Is there still any ongoing effort in resurrecting DCC, or is that a dead issue now?

If it's a dead issue now, would someone else ever be able to step in, license what unreleased DCC work exists and get it released, or would all of those unreleased but completed remastering projects have to be completely recreated again?

11. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Man, I know there was a thread a few months ago where Steve listed a bunch of albums that had been mastered but were never released, but I can't seem to find it right now. I remember the titles that I was most frustrated to hear are sitting on the shelf were John Lennon/POB, Imagine, All Things Must Pass, and the Elvis 24K volume 2.

12. stever

stever Senior Member

What will happen to the completed remasters?

13. Richard Feirstein

Richard Feirstein New Member

Even if we had a magic wand (read money), and could put DCC back together, it is likely that the limited licenses it secured to exploit its remastered product have expired. With the new interest in reissues in house (read SACD/DVD-A) it is likely that renewing such licenses could be difficult at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.