Upcoming David Gilmour concerts...what am I missing?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mike catucci, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident

I was at the March 31 show and enjoyed it very much.
    The good things...classic material played and sung by the original guy who still has his original voice 90% intact plus his guitar chops are 100% intact.
    My negative comments..."Wish You Were Here" played far too early in the set. There should be anticipation for that song. Some lesser known Floyd song like "What Do You Want From Me" when he could have dug out "Fearless" which has never been played live. I was waiting for "Learning to Fly" but alas...
    A few too many guitar solos...less is more....however the solo for Fat Old Sun was stunning as it was so different than his later more well known solos.
    If you like Pink Floyd you should go.

coffeetime likes this.
  2. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

Glad you got to go! Hope you had a blast!

I missed 2006 as well.. no money. Luckily, a very good friend ended up with an extra ticket to Hollywood Bowl Night #2 so I got to go!

tkl7 likes this.
  3. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

What are the references?

4. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

I didn't catch any of the references at Monday's show, but I did catch this on twitter. Apparently the spawn attended the show and Guy Pratt wasn't thrilled.

Eric Trump ‏@EricTrump Apr 11
    Had a great time with @DonaldJTrumpJr & @LaraLeaTrump at the @_DavidGilmour concert! #PinkFloyd #RadioCityMusicHall

Guy Pratt ‏@guypratt 23m23 minutes ago
    @EricTrump @DonaldJTrumpJr @LaraLeaTrump @_DavidGilmour Believe me, we didn't play a single note for you. #wishyouwerenthere

And Polly re-tweeted Guy's message.

5. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Maybe if he played somewhere besides NY, LA, and Chicago, there'd be more demand. :realmad:

But really, for $725 for two tickets, those seats should be on the stage. In the band.

6. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

It was much better live. Really nice jam session atmosphere at the end with Dave and Joao trading licks.

mike catucci likes this.
  7. JulesRules

It was much better live. Really nice jam session atmosphere at the end with Dave and Joao trading licks.

8. JulesRules

9. JulesRules

10. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

But how was it live? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.