Upcoming John Lennon Imagine release out 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikecarrera, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Generation42

Generation42 Forum Resident

Yeah, it's really great. Thought for sure they'd be showing this one, too. Hopefully they're working on bringing it in. :)

2. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

I really want this to happen.

linclink, oboogie and IronWaffle like this.
  3. positively4th

positively4th Forum Resident

I just got back from seeing Imagine at the theater. It was my first time seeing it, and I figure what better way? I went in knowing nothing really about what the film was.

My impressions:
    - The surround sound audio is stunning - can't wait to get the super deluxe set!
    - It was interesting as a curiosity, seems like an interesting way to experience the Imagine album. I am glad I saw it in the theater as it doesn't strike me as something that warrants repeat viewings but I may change my tune on that.
    - The extra footage shown after the film was A+++++. It was full recordings in studio of "How do you sleep?" and "Oh my love" - both featuring George Harrison, followed by John and Yoko performing "Oh Yoko!" in bed with John on solo acoustic guitar. Really, aside from the marvelous sound quality throughout, this footage was the big highlight of the night for me.
    - Was surprised to hear people chatting throughout the film, shaking their boxes of milk duds and stuffing their faces with popcorn throughout the show. I guess everyone enjoys their music differently.

Overall had a very enjoyable time! I recommend checking this out in theaters if you get the chance, that bonus footage really is great.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. thrivingonariff

thrivingonariff Forum Resident

:blah::cussing:

5. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

Reminds me of 1984 when I was the only one in the theater watching Give My Regards To Broad Street. Enjoy!

fer2, Juggsnelson and lennonology like this.
  6. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Alas, all screenings in Australia and New Zealand were cancelled due to low ticket sales.

7. supermd, Jaffaman, linclink and 2 others like this.
  8. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

You really know how to sell a movie ;)

mrjinks, BuCo and Pawnmower like this.
  9. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

applebonkerz and vince like this.
  10. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

I just noticed the local has this for 75 euros, while the cheapest price on any Amazon for us has been 70 euros including shipping. Really well done, because compare it with the Archive Releases. The retail price over here for 'Flowers In The Dirt' is (current EU/USD conversion) 190 USD for example.

I even cancelled my Amazon order over it, only saves me 5 euros, and it supports my local, and I get it on release date.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Oyster Boy and Pawnmower like this.
  11. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

I got the black LP from Amazon for $33 (with the extra discount at checkout). I cancelled my preorder for the clear vinyl from the Universal store. With shipping and tax that came out to $53. I cant justify spending an extra $20 bucks for clear vinyl.

12. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes, I am wondering if the next Archive sets from Paul will continue to overcharge. The relatively low cost (easily less than US $100) for the Deluxe Imagine set shines a bad light on the overly high cost of his last few Archive sets.

13. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

I know.... 3x the music for half the price!

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  14. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

BTW, for those still looking for the clear vinyl, you might try Canadian site musicvaultz. I just placed an order there and it came to a little under $35 US (including shipping). Use the code WELCOME to get yourself 15% off (and if you've used it before, just create a different account with a different email address and then use it again!).

Goobilee and Critter like this.
  16. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

My point was actually about the big difference in US vs. UK/Europe prices or Amazon (US, UK, Europe) vs. UK/Europe prices. Forget about 'Flowers', even 'Band On The Run' is (current conversion) 120 USD by default in the shops over here.

17. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

That is the sole reason why I will not be going to the cinema to watch the theatrical release.

James Bennett likes this.
  18. Not sure exactly where you are... but... hope this might help/be of interest...
    ... at least Buffalo (Cineplex Odeon Niagara Square Cinemas) appears to be getting it!
    3 showings- Friday & Monday night at 7:00 & a Saturday matinee at 4:00.
    Imagine Cinema Listings | Book Tickets Now | Imagine

Generation42 likes this.
  19. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

[​IMG]

20. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

"Ham On"

21. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

“In fact, only four Imagine songs were filmed while being tracked ('How Do You Sleep?', 'How?', 'Imagine' and 'Oh My Love') “

Wasn’t “jealous guy” and “ oh Yoko” filmed as well as there is footage of them in the making of Imagine documentary been performed also “gimme some truth” as well!

22. slane

slane Forum Resident

Vocal overdubs, not the initial tracking.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  23. Generation42

Generation42 Forum Resident

Thank you! You're good people, kind Sir. :tiphat:

linclink likes this.
  24. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

Funny she's now down as co-writer........ After he's gone and can't argue the fact..... It's going to be a digital remix...... Great! :rolleyes:

25. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

What they need to do, is release a definitive analogue remaster from the original master tapes, cut on a real cutting lathe like they did with the Beatles mono remasters. Release that along with a CD version and that should be it. NO MORE!

voxstarstream likes this.