Upcoming John Lennon Imagine release out 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikecarrera, Jun 3, 2018.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I guess I’ll settle for that. I don’t need the surround stuff and the montage disc sounds like a waste.

2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Any info on the interview portion of the Blu-ray ?

3. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

For those wanting to hear this with their own ears, 10 second samples of the first chorus:

MEGA

4. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Yes, I did the same and hope that everything does get honoured. In other words for £160 we should get a damn good Imagine super deluxe and for a little more we get the video items too. For once it looks like my expectations have been dramatically undercut. Roll on the White Album. It will not seem too painful if this is more expensive ultimately. I guess you win some and you lose some.

The book that comes with the Imagine set looks nice. Seems to be about 12" square which is better than I had anticipated. I was half expecting a David Bowie CD sized package. I have the first of these and the booklet although nice would have been so much better at a more readable size. It does appear that whoever has put this Imagine set together has done John proud with the production values.

Be nice if this continues with the other albums too. It is not quite as daunting a proposition as the McCartney archive trawls and could be issued annually over a reasonable time frame.

We are being spoiled with gems this autumn: White Album, Imagine, Village Green, Blood On The Tracks and a few others. My horrendous budget predictions so far seem to be overestimated so all is well with the world. Perhaps George's people will follow suit soon. They have cleared the decks with the standard boxes and at least some of his releases cry out for special editions. Out of courtesy I picked out random Harrison album (33 and 1/3) to play the other night and it sounded great. Aren't we lucky to have lived through a period of music that included these four guys.

5. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

What’s the “elements mix” does this mean we are getting the multi tracks (all the way through for each stem) or selections from them ?

6. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Great price. Ordered!
    Thank you @mikecarrera for all the information you've been giving us and the patience to deal with our impatience ;)

Paul H, nasa09, Yorick and 8 others like this.
  7. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Blu-rays plus downloads would work for me. See what XTC do.

8. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

I can't understand how P&P from the UK is more expensive for Spain than the USA. :shrug: And then we have to pay the VAT too...

9. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Locked in with this price, too—about $70 USD. Probably won’t get better than that unless I reallyyyy wait a while. 10/15 can’t get here soon enough!

10. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident Thread Starter

Since I'm not going to review it on my forthcoming 'back to back' analysis, I can answer that:
    Highlights of the Elliot Mintz interviews with John and Yoko, 29 minute edit.

aoxomoxoa and jlf like this.
  11. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Don’t those XTC sets have a CD in em?

12. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

How do I rip audio on blu-ray to iTunes?

Looks like I’ll need to know this for Imagine and WA50.

Please help!

Paul H and Carl80 like this.
  13. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Got a feeling this is no but could someone confirm The documentary film is not included on the Blu Ray in the boxset or will that be sold separate as well ?

Are the blu rays in the box just audio ?

No pics of the LP yet anyone ?

14. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

No box set is just audio

Carl80 likes this.
  15. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Yeah I wouldn’t mind knowing this as well.

16. Separate Blu-ray burner and special software. Easiest to just google it.

17. teag

teag Forum Resident

Looks like it’s now up to 61 pounds!

18. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident Thread Starter

Already answered I think since two months ago.

Different things: AUDIO (including Blu Ray AUDIO) AND VIDEO (DVD or Blu Ray)
    Sold separately
    No, no vinyl images yet, it will be 2 LP black and 2 LP limited color.

Carl80 likes this.
  19. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

It was always 61 pounds inc VAT.

zobalob and mrjinks like this.
  20. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Yes, 1.

21. teag

teag Forum Resident

Sorry about that.

adm62 likes this.
  22. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

So if the box has two blu rays of audio is there a lot more in the boxset than the two CD audio wise ?

I’m still gonna go for the box anyway.

23. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Looking forward to your review and like others I have enjoyed your posts and respect your need to temper this with our impatient prods to divulge more! It will be good to have a bit of a road map through the disc contents which at this point seem a little confusing (various sometimes apparently random take numbers and strange terminology). You have clearly been living with this for a while but with your hands tied. I'm sure that your review will be revelatory and will help us through the wait that we still have ahead of us.

Paul H, Generation42, Calico and 2 others like this.
  24. But vat is removed so it is cheaper for USA buyers. But price can shoot Up at any time at Amazon.

teag likes this.
  25. beatlesaint

beatlesaint Forum Resident

Bloody hell, in all the excitement about the book and the audio set I almost forgot the Blu-ray of the two films :D

Carl80 likes this.