Upcoming releases...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, Sep 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin

kevin Senior Member

they're kind've like pink floyd musically

2. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Whos Next - My guess is there will be more remixed tracks (Luke, where are we when we need you? I think only 4 tracks were remixed for the 1995 release as most of the multis were AWOL at that time) and possibly more tracks from Lifehouse
    Disraeli Gears - possibly the rehearsals already heard on Those Were The Days
    Layla - the best of the jams and unreleased stuff, hopefully more session photos and tales.
    Howling Wolf Sessions ??? could be very interesting - this is the one I'm looking forward to most, not least for a deluxe presentation of the original Chess gatefold and more session photos and tracks. The gold CD version of this has better presentation than the standard, but the sound is not as good as Chess vinyl.
    Wild Blue Angel - I suspect this will be disappointing, as the Eddie Kramer mix of IOW is distinctly underwhelming (on the 4 CD JHE box set) compared with the great Carlos Ohlms mix heard on original Polydor vinyl. The performance is VERY patchy, but I'd like to hear Midnight Lightning again - I guess I'll have to plump for the 2CD edition
    Transformer - a great album and should be good to see the extra notes to fill out the skimpy original or gold CD booklet (the gold CD is way better than the regular release)

3. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Have a look at this site for what was recorded during the "London Howlin' Wolf Sessions" Howlin' Wolf and check out 1970 - 1975. Lots of material for the upcoming Deluxe Edition!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.