Used CD stores in Boca Raton, Florida?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by KeithH, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

I will be in Boca Raton, Florida, on business next week, but I should be able to get away in the evenings. Are there any good used CD shops that I should know about? I will have a rental car, but as I am not overly familiar with the area, I am not looking to venture too far. Also, I'm not sure how much time I will have. Still, if there are any good shops in Boca Raton, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

I'm north of Tampa Keith, Go Bucs!! Not sure if your gonna be heading up
    I-75 (not exactly sure where Boca is) but there is a cool mom and pop store here in Tampa called Sound Exchange... let me know if your interested in directions.

3. KeithH

David, thanks for the recommendation, but I figure that is farther out than I will have time to travel.

4. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

Sounds good Keith, enjoy the warm weather. I've found a few DCCs and MFSLs down here at the local Circuit City's round here, so you might have luck there.

One suggestion, you could try using an online phone book to search for any 'compact disc' or 'record' shops in the Boca area, than use map quest to find out how to get there from your hotel room. Have fun ~ David

5. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Boca

Got two for you man:
    First one is actually for new stuff but there's some amazing deals there.
    It's in the Flea Market on Sample Road which is actually closer to Deerfield Beach but still really close to Boca. I forget the name but I can get it for you tomorrow; there's only two places in the flea market that sell CD's and the other one is strictly polkas and stuff. I have found sealed MFSL's in this place for under twenty bucks. You can get killer Kosher hot dogs and knishes at the food court at the flea market too!
    Second place is in Lauderdale; again not Boca but very close. I have never actually been there but it's owned by one of my all time favorite eBayers: Offbeat Records. The lady there is Sheila and she rocks. You can pull their address and phone off the "ME" page on any of their auctions like this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29940&item=2501612352
    If you go there tell her Norm says "HI". Actually she can probably hip you to some places in Boca as well.
    Good bagel shop in Boca: Bagel City South
    Have a good time down there. Wish I was goin' with you...
    It's colder than a well digger's tuchous here
    Peace
    Norm
    :cool:
    Don't forget your shades...

6. KeithH

David,

Thanks for the Circuit City tip. I will definitely keep that in mind. Perhaps an Internet search is in order.

Norm,

Thanks a lot for the tip. I will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday, so perhaps I could even get to this store on my way to Boca.

I am definitely looking forward to some warm temps. It's been freezing in Delaware too. :(

7. KeithH

Norm, I just looked at Offbeat Records' hours from the eBay "Me" page. I have to go on Sunday because they aren't open too much. They definitely have unusual hours for a record store. They are closed Monday and Tuesday and then are only open until on other weeknights. I get in on Sunday morning and leave Thursday morning. With my days filled with meetings, I'll have to go there on Sunday. No biggie in the end, but it would have been nice to have some flexibility.

8. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Offbeat

Keith: Thanks for hitting me back. I would give Sheila at Offbeat a call or an e-mail just to be safe. It is Super Bowl Sunday and I would hate for you to drive to the beach and be disappointed. She's a really nice lady and a stand up eBayer too. You will get a kick out of the flea market too. The Place there is called CD Planet and their number is (954) 984-5079. I forget my girl's name there....
    Defrost and enjoy!
    Peace
    Norm

9. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

Re: Offbeat

The name of the flea market is Festival Flea Market, I-95 to Sample Road in Ft Lauderdale, take it west, just before you get to the Florida Turnpike, south side of the road. Never been there.

Enjoyed Offbeat, they're just a little shop, but bins of vinyl. More emphasis on vinyl than CD, but got some good CD's there. They've got a website, *here*. Broward Blvd in Ft Lauderdale west to 441 (State Road 7), south about 6 blocks, on the right. Sunday hours listed as noon to 4, evenings and other times by appt. (!).

The shop I would have recommended doesn't answer their phone, and isn't listed on the Internet Cityguide. Sid's Music, was a BIG store, rows of vinyl and CD's. 5472 W Sample, 954-977-8111. West past the flea market. An evenings entertainment if they're still there.

The CD Collector, 2767 E Atlantic Blvd, 954-783-9084, had some mfsl and dcc last time I looked. Ft Lauderdale.

Been doing most of my shopping on the net. Haven't been doing much shopping lately, as a matter of fact.

Hope you have a good time here in sunny Fla!

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.