used DCC gold at Acoustic Sounds...

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by CraigVC, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member Thread Starter

I can't believe I'm about to pass on what I'm seeing right now at Acoustic Sounds, to give y'all a tip...

But I've got something more important I'm saving up my money for. :sigh: :angel:

Anyway, these seem to me to be very good prices on used DCC gold that you don't see every day:

http://beta.acousticsounds.com/inde...CategoryID=179 &LabelID=129&keywords=NL072709

Examples:
    Ringo Starr / Ringo = $50
    Gerry Rafferty / City To City = $60.00
    Jethro Tull / Original Masters = $65.00
    Nat King Cole / The Very Thought Of You = $75.00

Good luck, and please post with your comments and what you scored if you're one of the lucky ones. At least I'll get some joy out of hopefully making someone else's day with this tip.

Craig.

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Wow! I mean... wow! I ordered "Ringo" and left it at that. There are a few others I wouldn't mind having but I didn't want to be greedy.

Not that I'm sure I believe I'll actually GET "Ringo". $50? That's insane. Maybe it's scratched all to hell? As long as it plays, I don't care.

Thanks a ton, unless the deal doesn't work. Then curse you!!! :D

3. CraigVC

You have more restraint than I would have had. I would have loaded up my cart with about 20 choice titles I'd want, and hope that I got at least some of them when the AS staff arrives tomorrow morning to sort out who placed their order first for each title.

Craig.

4. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Holy crap. I can't believe I just got Parallel Lines. Fingers crossed I was the first in line! Thanks Craig! Congrats to Colin! The previous cheapest price I had seen on Ringo was $80.

5. scocs

scocs Forum Resident

Well, I ordered some stuff too (including Parallel Lines), so it's too bad that cds that have already been ordered don't disappear from their site.

How many people will have ordered Ringo by tomorrow afternoon?!?

6. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

$328- thanks...

7. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I ordered the same ones as everyone else. Good luck lol I am not holding my breath.

8. I stopped at 4 discs, tempting to keep going but I gotta eat...

-s1m0n-

9. houston

houston Forum Resident

all the titles mentioned are still there, this sounds too good to be true...I'm sure the winners and losers will report back here soon enough...I'm not going to bother ordering, because if it's "real", I'm too late now anyway :cry: honestly, the Ringo and Blondie discs must be in horrible shape :help:

10. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

my guess is they are buffed but who knows. You can alway return them if you are not happy with them. I pretty much expect not to get anything. I ordered 4.

11. They also have some decently priced Sony Mastersound used gold discs, assuming they aren't cat toys either.

-s1m0n-

12. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Good deals (and forum favorites):

Al Green - Greatest Hits - $65
    Beach Boys - Endless Summer $60
    Beach Boys - Spirit of America $60

13. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident

this seems like the amazon debacle from 2005.

14. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I ordered:

Frank Sinatra / Duets II Preowned Gold CD $ 60.00 $ 60.00 R
    1 UCDCC 1076 The Beach Boys / Endless Summer Preowned Gold CD $ 60.00 $ 60.00 R
    1 UCDCC 1081 Lightnin' Hopkins, Brownie McGhee, Sonny Terry / Blues Hoot Preowned Gold CD $ 60.00 $ 60.00 R
    1 UCDCC 1089 The Beach Boys / Spirit Of America Preowned Gold CD $ 60.00 $ 60.00 R
    1 UCDCC 1120 Deep Purple / Made In Japan Preowned Gold CD $ 75.00 $ 75.00 R

If I were a betting man, I'd say the only thing I get is the Blues Hoot (as I think I overpaid for that one). I guess we'll see...

15. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Called in this morning and spoke to the guy who handles the used cds and vinyl area and he said their phone has been flooded with calls!!

I got a confirmed order shipping this afternoon for the Ringo and Gerry Rafferty dcc's!
    Both in his hand listed as Mint-.
    Man what a deal....

16. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

You mean they had more than one copy of Ringo, etc?

17. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I bought Ringo this morning. If I get it great, if not I'll get refunded.

18. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident

this might be legit because the beach boys endless summer isnt listed anymore.

seems like they are maybe updating their stock?

19. I ordered the Tull ORIGINAL MASTERS yesterday... fingers crossed!

20. Good news! When did you place your order?

-s1m0n-

21. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident

i just called to correct my billing address and they said it (order) was fine. did not mention anything about not having the titles i ordered.

hmmmm??

22. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Wow! Just ordered Al Green's Greatest Hits for $65...let's hope Acoustic Sounds comes through... :thumbsup:

23. CraigVC

Well, that link I provided in post #1 shows a big change since a couple of hours ago.

Yesterday it reported 66 Products available.

A couple of hours ago it reported 65 Products available (I believe a Beach Boys title disappeared at that time).

Now it's reporting 47 Products available.

So I guess they're catching up with all the orders and gradually removing the titles that are now sold out (I assume there was only one copy available per title, but I suppose it's possible they had multiples of some titles).

Craig.

24. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I ordered Ringo, so hopefully I'll get it.

25. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident

i really think there was only one of each title.

i wonder why the prices were so off?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.