Using phono output Sansui p-d31

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by AckeK, Mar 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AckeK

AckeK New Member Thread Starter

Hello lads,
    I recently acquired a Sansui p-d31 turntable :D but I can't get it to work the way I want. I can't figure out how to change the output from the built in speakers to phono. The only IO except for the RCA cables + ground wire is a jack called "compu selector". From what I understand from the manual I need to buy another unit just to change what output I use. Does anyone who is more familiar with this machine know if that is true or of there is a work around of some sort?

Cheers, Axel

2. harby

harby Forum Resident

That turntable model number doesn't have speakers or an amp.

It connects like a normal turntable: you plug the permanently-connected RCA cables in to the phono input on your receiver. If you don't have a "phono" input, and just inputs like "tape" "aux", you'll need a separate phono preamplifier.

The selector cable was for use with specific old Sansui receivers. It would automatically select the receiver's phono input when the turntable was turned on.

timind likes this.
  3. AckeK

AckeK New Member Thread Starter

This is so strange, someone else told me the same thing but it has speakers! Proof:

MOV_0011.mp4

I tried to connect the rca to preamp to headphones but I only get the sound from the speaker (which sucks)

4. harby

harby Forum Resident

I'm curious where the sound would come from then! This is the turntable, in front of the other stereo components it could have been packaged with:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.