Van Halen 1984 'Banned' Artwork?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by violetvinyl, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

That album looks like it has shrink wrap and UK albums in the 1980's didn't have shrink wrap.

2. violetvinyl

violetvinyl Forum Resident Thread Starter

Actually, I was referring to a certain someone being offended by Dave's exposed chest. :hide:

3. violetvinyl

violetvinyl Forum Resident Thread Starter

That label actually looks German to me......conspiracy!

4. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

I assumed so, and I thought your comment was funny. But I've been told by the moderators to make it clear when I am joking, because people read my comments literally and report them! I assumed in the past that everyone knew when I was joking (which is probably half the time), but I guess not. There is a trend that I see in my students wherein they read everything as literal information -- nuances go unnoticed, humor is lost unless it's overtly obvious. :agree:

5. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Then you should be cognizant that posts, IM's, emails, and texts are devoid of the verbal and physical cues associated with human interaction and conversations. It is very easy for someone to misconstrue the meaning and intentions of a post at this forum :)

Smileys are a very useful tool around these parts.

6. kath

kath Well-Known Member

for what it's worth, at least on my account, you never need to worry on that front. mwhaha. i relish nuance, i am the opposite of a "reporting" type and i know precisely what you mean by students taking things literally. i'm also a vintage van halen freak. it's all good, really. cheers.

7. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

It's possible that some stores objected to the cover and requested a cover up. BTW, the album cover would only be banned in the UK if the cigarette touch the lips.

8. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

This thread is comedy gold. Keep the laffs coming, gang!

9. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

That's what I've been doing -- :agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

10. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

In 1983, he probably was!

11. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

:shrug:
    I looked for it! I have no idea what the sticker looks like, was just trying to find out...:tiphat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.